Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coookiemonster

LOOKING for: store bought frosted sugar cookies

coookiemonster
15 years ago

i have been looking for this recipe for about 3 years now these cookies are amazing and to expensive to buy so if anyone can help me out that would be great i got a pic of them just email me 4 the pic my email is

wigerblack@aol.com (sorry if the names affencive)

Comments (14)

• User
    15 years ago

Post the pic if you have one. What does it have in it, something special? Is this like the walmart frosted cookie?

• coookiemonster
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ok im looking right now and i dont quite know how to post a pic lol so if this doesn't work the google FROSTED SUGAR COOKIES and they should b the first pic of 1 so i hope this works

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1742

• shambo
    15 years ago

I looked at the picture, and it sounds like you're looking for Lofthouse Cookies. They are a special brand of soft, pale, lightly baked sugar cookies frosted with a buttercream type frosting. Many grocery stores sell either the brand name cookies or their own in-house bakery version.

There was another thread about these cookies a couple of years ago. You can read the responses here:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/recipex/msg0319585922620.html

I've listed below a copycat recipe from RecipeZaar. I like those cookies too because they're so plain & simple tasting -- no chunks of nuts, chips, fruits, etc. The only thing I don't like about them is that they're often topped with candy sprinkles.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lofthouse Cookies Recipe

• User
    15 years ago

I'm searching for you. I like the walmart frosted sugar cookies. I haven't tried this recipe but it sounds like the ones you buy at Walmart. If its good let us know.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frosted Sugar cookie

• coookiemonster
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks alot that help just 1 thing missing im a guy that dosent cook very much so i need the recipe 4 the frosting :) if u can get it to me that would be great thanks 4 helping out

• User
    15 years ago

It was in the link, but I put it here for you.

Butter Cream Frosting for Sugar Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick)
    1 box 10X powered sugar (around 3 cups if using a bulk bag)
    1 tsp vanilla flavoring
    2 to 3 TBS milk
    Food coloring Sugar sprinkles (for after the cookies are frosted)

Directions:

Again, let the butter/margarine sit out and soften. That makes mixing much easier, and it¡¦s also easier to get the correct consistency when adding the milk. If the butter is cold, then it gets too thin as it warms up. If this does happen, just add a little more powdered sugar.

Cream the butter and powdered sugar putting in about a half cup of powdered sugar at time. If the powdered sugar looks pretty lumpy, it¡¦s a good idea to sift it, so you don¡¦t have sugar balls in the frosting. Mix well.

Add the vanilla. Mix.

Add around 1 TBS of milk and mix. Continue adding a tsp or so until the frosting is the right consistency for spreading. If you discover you¡¦ve made it too thin, stir in a little sugar. If it¡¦s too thick or starts to get too thick as you decorate add just a tiny bit more milk and stir.

Add a couple of drops of food coloring and mix if you want a single color batch. It¡¦s more fun, however, to divide the frosting into small bowls and let everyone make a color. Be warned that some people (mostly boys) will put in all the colors and make ugly brown frosting. It still tastes great. And, this really is about having fun.

If you want sugar sprinkles, then take some regular table sugar. Put a 1/4 to 1/2 cup or so in a zip lock bag. Add a little squirt of food coloring. Squeeze the bag until the sugar is all colored. It's fun also to divide the sugar out and make various colors like with the frosting.

Sprinkle on the colored sugar. You may need to very lightly tap the sugar on top of the frosting if the frosting is starting to set.

If you want the sugar sprinkles but not buttercream frosting, then make up the colored sugar and pat that on before baking the sugar cookies. If you try to put colored sugar on cookies without frosting after they're baked, the sugar will not stick.

• coookiemonster
    Original Author
    15 years ago

o lol im really sorry about that i was tired when i cheaked it but thanks alot 4 your help ill make them tomarrow :)

• User
    15 years ago

Please let me know how they turn out.

• User
    15 years ago

Its Friday, haven't you made the cookies yet? I'm dying to know how they turned out.

• coookiemonster
    Original Author
    15 years ago

im sorry ive been worken my butt off i will make 4 easter

• User
    15 years ago

How did they turn out? Good I hope.

• coookiemonster
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes they were very good plan on making them again

• User
    14 years ago

Did you have to roll them out or can you just press them onto the cookie sheet? Would you say they were like the walmart cookies?

• coookiemonster
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i rolled them out and i can tell the difference but it's still a good cookie thanks a lot 4 that

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals