Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

RECIPE: ancho sauce for sett potato fries

marricgardens
14 years ago

I had sweet potato fries last night at Boston Pizza and they were served with an ancho dipping sauce. The sauce was pinkish in color. It was awesome! I've checked the other posts and I don't think there was sour cream in it but there might have been some yogurt in it,it was very smooth. The anchos gave it a nice smokey flavor. Anyone know how to make this or have any idea how to make it? Thanks. Marg

Comments (13)

• ginger_st_thomas
    14 years ago

Was it mayonnaise based?

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think it may have been. It also had a pinkish tinge to it. What I couldn't figure out was how they got the ancho flavor ito it. I wonder if they used dried ancho powder? Marg

• glenda_al
    14 years ago

I've had this, or similar. Great with sweet potato fries.

This is Emeril's recipe for Remoulade Sauce

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    3/4 cup vegetable oil
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup chopped green onions
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    2 tablespoons chopped garlic
    2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
    3 tablespoons Creole whole-grain mustard
    3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
    3 tablespoons ketchup
    3 tablespoons chopped parsley leves
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    Directions
    Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process for 30 seconds. Use immediately or store. Will keep for several days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That sounds great glenda_al. I'm going to give it a try. We're not big horseradish fans but I guess I could substitute anchos or jalapenos instead. Thanks.

• annie1992
    14 years ago

marric, I've also had someone recently tell me that they mixed Sriracha with mayo and sour cream/yogurt and got a nicely mild and spicy sauce, so that might be good too.

Annie

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Annie. What's Sriracha? I've never heard of it before.

• breasley
    14 years ago

Sriracha is that red Asian hot sauce in a clear plastic bottle with a green top. There is a rooster on the label. Some folks just call it Red Rooster Sauce. It's pretty spicy. Many sushi places use mayo and Sriracha for a spicy dipping sauce. They call it spicy mayo. It's very simple but good with sushi.

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks. I'll check it out at an Asian market and see if I can get it. I've never checked the Asian section of the supermarket so maybe I'll check that first.

• khandi
    14 years ago

My daughter loves Boston Pizza's yam fries with dipping sauce!

When we make it at home, she just mixes together sour cream, mayo, and chipotle spice.

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks khandi. I'll be making a batch this weekend if not tonite! I tried baking the fries, I try not to eat to much fried food because it gives me heartburn, but the fries turned out to soft. Any ideas for making them firmer without frying them? Marg

• khandi
    14 years ago

We bake them too just because it's healthier but they're softer than Boston Pizza's yam fries.

I cut them into very small fries and coat them with olive oil, hot Hungarian paprika (not too much), and cumin.
    The hot paprika makes them spicy but the dipping sauce kinda cools it off in your mouth.

I bake them in a hot oven (400-425F) until desired doneness. I make sure that they're spread out really well so they don't "steam".

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That's how I do it mius the hot paprika. I was wondering if you really need to coat them with oil because I think that's what makes them soft?

• Neon21
    13 years ago

Once all of the cornmeal is aerated in about-face the calefaction to low and abide cooking, pass4sure mb7-516 bond with a board spoon, until the admixture begins to cull abroad from the abandon of the pan. Stir in the mashed candied potato and adulate and mix until combined. pass4sure mb7-517 Stir the ache basics into the mixture, division with alkali and pepper and cascade the admixture into the able baking sheet. Cover the top with artificial blanket and air-condition until close and chilled. pass4sure mb7-838 Remove from the refrigerator and cut into triangles, circles, or squares. Calefaction oil in a ample saute pan, division the polenta slices with alkali and pepper, pass4sure mb7-839 and saute on both abandon until aureate brown.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida