Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Peanut Butter pie, no cream cheese

Posted by spyro (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 12, 09 at 15:52

I am looking for a PB pie recipe that does not call for cream cheese. The person I am making it for hates CC and can taste it no matter what it's mixed with.
I had a recipe long ago, but since misplaced it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peanut Butter pie, no cream cheese

This calls for a raw egg so you might want to use pasteurized or egg beaters:
PEANUT BUTTER PIE
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2/3 cup + 2 TBL powdered sugar, divided
1/3 cup half-and-half
9" baked pie shell, cooled
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg, room temperature
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted & cooled
1 cup whipping cream, chilled
2 TBL chopped peanuts

Mix peanut butter with 2/3 cup powdered sugar & half-an-half in a small bowl until msooth. Spoon into pie crust; smooth top. Using a mixer, beat butter w/sugar & vanilla in medium bowl until fluffy. Add egg & beat until very light, about 5 minutes. Beat in chocolate. Spread over peanut butter. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Beat cream w/remaining 2 TBL powdered sugar in bowl until peaks form. Spread over pie. Sprinkle w/chopped nuts.~~Bountiful Arbor

o
RE: LOOKING for: Peanut Butter pie, no cream cheese

YUM thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here