Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vique_pa

RECIPE: game...............

Vique_Pa
16 years ago

Lets play a game of hide and seek. You are hiding all your delicious recipes for oven baked potatoes (you know, the ones with olive oil and seasonings)and I am seeking them. I am losing big time so won't you please find some for me? Vique.

John 3:16

Comments (6)

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

My favorite recipe for oven roasted potatoes:

Oven Roasted Potatoes  from PenzyÂs  serves 4-6 425 oven 9x13 pan

2 lb. red bliss potatoes
    2 TB olive oil
    1-2 t salt
    1 1/2t bouquet garni
    1 1/2t black pepper
    1/4t granulated garlic
    Wash and halve potatoes (quarter large ones). In a big bowl, place potatoes; drizzle oil over, toss. Sprinkle with salt, crumbled herbs, pepper, and garlic.
    Toss again. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam. Add potatoes. Place in 425 oven for one hour, 15 min. Turn every 15 minutes.

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

NEW POTATOES WITH BALSAMIC VINEGAR (serves 6-8)
    6 large new potatoes, cut into halves
    3 TBL olive oil
    1 TLB balsamic vinegar
    1/2 tsp tarragon
    1/2 tsp thyme
    Salt & pepper to taste

Arrange the potatoes in a baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 25 minutes or until tender. combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tarragon, thyme, salt & pepper in abowl & mix well. Pour over the potatoes & bake for 5-10 minutes longer. Serve immediately.~~Texas Ties

• Vique_Pa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you so much ladies! They both sound so good I don't know which to try first. Just reading them makes my mouth water. Thanks again, Vique.
    John 3:16

• ginger_st_thomas
    16 years ago

Hope you like them. Teresa's does sound good.

• becky_ca
    16 years ago

We love roasted red potato wedges, and these are the directions I recently sent to a friend. We like them sprinkled with garlic powder, but I wait until when I turn them before I add it as it has a tendency to burn on the pan (but not on the potatoes). You can also wait until they're done and toss them with a little olive oil that's mixed with minced or press garlic.

Cut your scrubbed but unpeeled potatoes into fairly large wedges (either quarter the smaller ones or cut the larger ones into six pieces), then toss them in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. Spread them out on a baking sheet that you've sprayed with nonstick spray (I resisted doing this for a long time, but it makes all the difference in the world). Sprinkle them with S & P and bake at 425F-450F for 25 minutes (my pan is a dark coated one, so I use the lower temp). Turn them over on the pan, sprinkle with some garlic powder if you want, and bake for another 20 minutes. If you use red potatoes they turn out crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. You can also use peeled russets, but they're not quite as good, although they're better if you soak them in some hot water for 30 minutes or so first.

• Vique_Pa
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks again ladies, they were all delicious! Vique.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022