Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Lobster purses

Posted by eileen_launonen (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 22, 05 at 14:40

allow appox 4 oz of lobster per purse Chop lobster meat into chunks... Heat skillet add 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil saute lobster 2 to 3 minutes remove lobster meat set aside......Add addition 1 tablespoon butter aand 1 tablespoon olive oil saute 1/2 cup minced shallot and 8 oz of finely chopped mushrooms for approx 5 minutes add 1/2 cup cognac bring to a boil and reduce heat to low simmer 2 minutes,now add 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley reduce while whisking until thick toss back in lobster meat. Using puff pastry squares (I get store bought puff pastry) put a heaping scoop in center pull up side of puff pastry and twist pinch to ensure it doesnt open brush with an egg wash and bake in oven according to puff pastry package.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Lobster purses

Yum, those sound amazingly rich, Eileen, and good.

Annie

o

Amen. and yum.

(There was a recipe today in the Baltimore paper called for white AND red wine in a sauce for lobster...plus bay leaves, carraway seed and fennel seeds. imho way too many flavors for luscious lobster!)

o

This is the recipe I said was a flop...dont know if I did something but I did NOT like

o

Hey eileen

Don't you usually try the recipe before posting it?

Alexa

o

I don't get it - If it was bad, why are you posting it? Maybe I am missing something...?

o

Sorry........apparently I made a mistake!!!

o

So these are good and another recipe was the one you didn't like? Or these are not good and you posted the recipe by mistake? They certainly sound amazing! I would like to try to make them, but not if they are not going to come out right - Is this your own recipe or one from somebody else? Please let me know - Also, are they appetizer style? Thanks!

o

With 4 oz of lobster per purse, Zmom, I would expect that it's a maindish, or maybe a first course, rather than an appetizer.

Only problem I see is that it says 4 oz lobster per purse, but then doesn't specify how many the rest of the ingredients are used for. Surely not a half pound of mushrooms for each purse, for instance.

If it didn't work out I suspect it's because the ingredients and procedure are a little too vague.

o

These are the ones I did not like....reason this 2005 post was brought up was for BNICEBKIND who posted and to help her if she did a search I wanted her to know not to use it...i made this as a first course it was not my recipe I tried it after many searches for this type of dish an I posted it back 2yrs ago...now the recipe was to cook all the ingredients an then pour a equal amount of the 4oz an then wrap I made it didnt care for it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here