Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Beef Cubed Steak

Posted by valorie (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 07 at 14:40

One of the local stores is running a sale on Beef Cubed Steak...a family pak. What can I make with them? I know they can be used for Chicken Fried Steak, but what else? Thanks for any and all ideas!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Beef Cubed Steak

MINUTE STEAKS IN PARSLEY BUTTER (serves 4)
4 TBL butter, softened
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
4-8 minute or cubed steaks

With a fork, blend the buter & parsley thoroughly. Heat a heavy skillet & spinkle w/salt. Brown the steaks on 1 side about 2 minutes over high heat, turn & brown on the other side about 1 minute. Top immediately with small balls of the butter-parsley mixture.~~Craig Claiborne
*You can use other herbs rather than parsley.

o

My cousin used to make Rouladen using cubed steaks. The way she did it was similar to the recipe below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rouladen

o

I've never heard of Rouladen, actually. But it sounds good. Both recipes do so I'm saving them!! I plan on buying a package of the steaks this weekend to have on hand.

Thanks Ginger!

o

You're most welcome. I hope you like them.

o

I use cube steaks to make chicken fried steak. I serve it with mashed potatoes and gravy. My family loves it.

o

We just love cube steak and eat them several ways. We use them for swiss steak. One way is to dredge the steak in flour, salt and pepper, brown in a hot skillet. Put the steak in a small roaster, and add a jar of canned tomatoes ( I use my own). You can add peppers, sliced carrots and sliced onions.

I also brown them and then add a package of onion soup mix and water, then add cornstarch and water mix when the steak is done. This makes a nice steak with onion gravy.

An easy way is just to fry them up in a skillet after dredging and have a minute steak. We had them this weekend, I added a can of Cream of chicken soup, onion soup mix and also 2 soup cans of milk, and 1 cup of minute rice. This cooked up really good in the oven and made a nice dinner.

Hope these ideas help you out some. My folks have cattle and there are always lots of packages of cube steak in the half of beef that we get.

Stacie

o

mst...chicken fried steak is one of my very favorite meals. To me it's comfort food. Because gravy is like a beverage in my house (must be related to Erma! LOL!), I try to avoid making CFS and save them for special occasions.

Stacie...thanks for these ideas. How could I forget Swiss steak??? LOL!!! I'm saving these suggestions too!!

o

My favorite way to use the cubed steak is to sprinkle 1 Tbs of seasoned flour onto each side of the steaks and using the edge of a saucer-lightly pound the flour into the meat. Put oil in a frying pan over high heat-sear the meat quickly on both sides (about 1 min each side).
Lay the seared pieces of meat in a 13x9 baking pan. Pour 1-2 cans of Campbells onion soup over the meat, cover w/foil & bake at 350 for 1 hour. It will be fork-tender! Bake potatoes in the oven at the same time as the juice is delish on the potatoes.

o

oh, sharon fl....that sounds good too! I was going to try one of these recipes over the weekend, but other things came up and my plans fell by the wayside. Sigh.... I will be better prepared next weekend! LOL!

o

My mom would dip them in buttermilk, then in seasoned breadcrumbs, then fry them in a little oil in a med-hot pan. Yummy, the buttermilk makes these so tender.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here