Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Hey Ginger....

Posted by solsthumper (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 07 at 14:40

...first off, let me just say, I'm tickled to see you back, gracing this forum once again. Stick around, will you.

I'm hoping to make your Italian Beef. The recipe calls for a jar of Italian Pepperoncini, but doesn't specify what size. Help. I can handle the heat, but my family, not so much. Weep for me.

Sol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Hey Ginger....

Hey, Cake Lady! Thanks! I don't have a jar in the house but I think it's about 12 oz. The size of a smaller jar of olives approximately. I really need to get one & edit the recipe. Just don't get one of those huge jars. The cooking mellows out the heat a lot. I have an asbestos taster so it's not hot to me at all.

o

Yep, I just looked and my jar is 12 oz. I have a large brisket that I need to cook........think I could use that cut of beef in that recipe?

o

You could but there are so many other good ways to use brisket, I wouldn't.

o

I wouldn't normally either but this one is one I bought for a potluck and is way too big for the two of us and this seems like a good way to use part of it.

o

Ginger, would you mind posting the recipe again?

I did a search and did not find it.

Your french dip is a big hit here.

Thank you!

o

Big head slap for me!
I see it on the next thread! Sorry.
I did a search and that did not come up at all...
Looks good - t hanks again.

o

Heh - an asbestos taster. I resemble that remark.

Well, I can't wait to make this. I already know it'll be delicious.

Thanks my dear Ginger, thank you too Roselin!

Sol

o

When the flames quit flying out of your ears, report back on how you like it. Just kidding!

o

Which next thread? Please show me the way:)

o
RE: RECIPE: Hey Ginger....1

Ok found it! Here too and at my daughters ..as you know Ginger..French Dips are a huge hit!

o
RE: RECIPE: Hey Ginger....2

I have hot jarred italian pickled peppers will they work?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here