Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Dulce de leche-- what now?

Posted by melonpocky (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 08 at 14:20

On a whim I decided to make dulce de leche via the can of condensed milk in boiling water method. Now that I have dulce de leche (the thick kind, not the drizzly kind), I have no idea what to do with it. I have put it in coffee and empanadas (and of course spooned it straight into my mouth) but other than that I don't know any good recipes for it outside of the ice cream topping and brownie swirl.

Anyone have any novel ideas for it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Dulce de leche-- what now?

Oh yum. seriously decadent.

Here are a few ideas from the Cooking forum. I have made the Cream puffs with Hazelnuts and Frangelico...oh my!

Here is a link that might be useful: Dulce de leche

o

Too bad Marlen's not around. Check below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dulce de Leche

o

I make a fruit salad with it. Manderin oranges, cherries, coconut, pineapple. Fold it together with 1/2 can of the milk and then fold in 8oz. of cool whip. This has been a request from the family, I find it a LITTLE too sweet.

o

How about making a few thin butter cookies and spreading it between them to make dulce de leche sandwiches? Mmmmmm....

o

Thank you for the replies! I think I'm going to get diabetes from this stuff.

Chase-- that is certainly a magical thread. Thank you for linking to it! I look forward to trying some of the recipes listed (ESPECIALLY the cream puffs with Frangelico oh my goodness) :9

Ginger-- I actually tried out the dulce in spicy hot chocolate immediately after you linked that. Hello, delicious!

Cuffs-- That fruit salad sounds more like fluffy sugar salad with bits of fruit thrown in. Killer! A little too sweet sounding, but I will admit that ambrosia is one thing that I can't resist at barbecues!

Fearless-- ARGH. I have been craving peanut butter cookies recently, and that sounds like the most perfect thing ever. I'm definitely going to try that!

As you can tell with my liberal peppering of exclamation points, I'm a bit sugar high. I think I'll have to detox over the weekend.

o

Drizzle it over Jello... yum. Also, google cuban recipes and you'll find recipes for stuff you can make. I'm cuban so we use it a lot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here