Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: butter beans in a crockpot

Posted by lexilani (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 6, 07 at 12:56

Hello,
I've been trying to find a recipe for cooking butter beans in my crockpot.
I use a recipe that my mother had a long long time ago to cook them in a pot on the stove and would like to try them in the crockpot.
It's a pretty easy recipe...soak beans overnight, put in a pot of water with ham hock and bacon drippings and butter. Let them cook and add dough dumplings about 10 before beans are done.

Does anyone have any suggestions on making this is a crockpot? I've never had a crock before so I really have no idea how to "convert" things for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: butter beans in a crockpot

I'm not a bean lover but the recipe below should give you the method. Just add the ham hock to it (along with whatever other ingredients you like.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Crockpot Beans

o

Thank you very much for the link. I am going to check it out right now :)

o

You're welcome! Post how it turns out.

o

I'm going to try it this weekend and will let you know :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here