Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Pecan Pie Bars

Posted by rusty_ns (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 07 at 12:41

I make this recipe often so I thought I would share the recipe.
---------------
Pecan Pie Bars

Base:
18 1/4 ounces (1 box) butter pecan cake mix
(set aside 1 cup of dry cake mix from package)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten

Topping:
3 eggs
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan; set aside.
Set aside second measure of the cake mix for the filling.
For the base, in a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, butter, and slightly beaten egg. Stir with a fork until crumbly. Turn into prepared pan. With lightly floured hands, press evenly onto the bottom to form a crust.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl combine the second measure of eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Add the reserved cake mix; stir with a fork just until blended. Some tiny cake clumps will remain. Spread filling evenly over baked crust; sprinkle with pecans.
Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until filling appears set when pan is gently shaken. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Cover and chill to store.

Note:
Chocolate cake mix is also good for this recipe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Pecan Pie Bars

Glad to see your note. Don't think I've ever seen a butter pecan cake mix here. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here