Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Donna - Your tripe recipes

Posted by khandi (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 16, 08 at 12:00

Had to do another post cuz it wouldn't let me post it in your original thread... not sure why!

Here ya go! Hope you enjoy!

Tripe Patties

1 pound boiled tripe
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp onion juice
1 tsp salt
Dash pepper

Grind tripe and combine with remaining ingredients. Shape into patties and fry in greased skillet until browned. Serves 4.

BAKED TRIPE WITH BACON

Wrap each patty with slice of bacon and bake in hot oven (425 F) 8 to 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.

TRIPE FRITTERS

Sift 1 cup sifted flour with 1/2 tsp salt. Combine 1 cup milk, 1 Tablespoon melted shortening and 1 egg, slightly beaten. Add to flour and mix until smooth. Dip tripe patties into the batter and fry in hot deep fat (380 F) until browned.

*Make patties 1/2 inch thick and brown under low broiler heat.

Thought I'd post BOILED TRIPE too so you can compare with your methods.

Cover fresh uncooked tripe with cold water, heat to boiling, cook 5 minutes and drain. Cover with fresh boiling water, add 1 tsp salt for each quart of water, heat to boiling and simmer until tripe is tender, about 4 hours. If tripe is cut into serving pieces before cooking, it should be tender in about 2 hours. Drain tripe, dry thoroughly and use as desired. Marinate overnight in French dressing before using, if desired.

If fresh tripe is purchased already cooked, wash several times in hot water, dry and marinate overnight in French dressing or soak in cold water. Cut into serving pieces, cover with boiling water and simmer 15 minutes. Drain, cover with cold water, heat to boiling and drain.

I ALSO HAVE RECIPES FOR TONGUE AND KIDNEYS lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Donna - Your tripe recipes

Khandi, thanks so much!

Love tongue! Cooked kidneys once, but threw them (and the pan) in the trash. Couldn't eat them.

If there have not been a few other posts since your last post in a thread, I have found that you need to change the "subject of posting" and it will then accept your new post.

o

My DH is very fond of Philadelphia Pepper Pot Soup, and would like to try to make it. However, the tripe, I think is intimidating.....never cooked with it before! And Phila. Pepper Pot is not an authentic Philly pepper pot soup without it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Philadelphia Pepper Pot Soup

o

Lisbet, Philadelphia Pepper Pot Soup sounds yummy. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here