Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
khandi_gw

RECIPE: Donna - Your tripe recipes

khandi
16 years ago

Had to do another post cuz it wouldn't let me post it in your original thread... not sure why!

Here ya go! Hope you enjoy!

Tripe Patties

1 pound boiled tripe

1 egg

1/2 cup bread crumbs

1/2 tsp onion juice

1 tsp salt

Dash pepper

Grind tripe and combine with remaining ingredients. Shape into patties and fry in greased skillet until browned. Serves 4.

BAKED TRIPE WITH BACON

Wrap each patty with slice of bacon and bake in hot oven (425 F) 8 to 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.

TRIPE FRITTERS

Sift 1 cup sifted flour with 1/2 tsp salt. Combine 1 cup milk, 1 Tablespoon melted shortening and 1 egg, slightly beaten. Add to flour and mix until smooth. Dip tripe patties into the batter and fry in hot deep fat (380 F) until browned.

*Make patties 1/2 inch thick and brown under low broiler heat.

Thought I'd post BOILED TRIPE too so you can compare with your methods.

Cover fresh uncooked tripe with cold water, heat to boiling, cook 5 minutes and drain. Cover with fresh boiling water, add 1 tsp salt for each quart of water, heat to boiling and simmer until tripe is tender, about 4 hours. If tripe is cut into serving pieces before cooking, it should be tender in about 2 hours. Drain tripe, dry thoroughly and use as desired. Marinate overnight in French dressing before using, if desired.

If fresh tripe is purchased already cooked, wash several times in hot water, dry and marinate overnight in French dressing or soak in cold water. Cut into serving pieces, cover with boiling water and simmer 15 minutes. Drain, cover with cold water, heat to boiling and drain.

I ALSO HAVE RECIPES FOR TONGUE AND KIDNEYS lol

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH