Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homesforsale

RECIPE: Italian Beef Sandwich question..

homesforsale
17 years ago

I have the meat crocking as we speak..but..no spices?

Just the peppers,beer and bouillon?

Thank you..

Comments (14)

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

That's it!

• homesforsale
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Merci!

Imagine if my family loves them as much as the French Dips:)?

Sure to make it in their cookbook:)

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

Monique, let me know what you think of the "hot factor" . Sounds like something I would love to serve up north but DH is such a wimp when it comes to "heat" : (

• homesforsale
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I did make this and at the beginning..while it is cooking it is hot..(I love hot) Once cooked it wasn't so anyone worried about that don't..:)

Although this is a recipe along the lines of Ginger's French Dips.. They are such favorites of ours that the Italian ones were just so so for us.
    I had un rôti français(is it a french roast in english? I don't know if the exact translation applies..)..It was perfectly done ,just not French Dips..

So all the rest ,I shredded and it is now a Chili..:)

Tastes great..Nachos and such ...

It could have been my cut of meat..or that our taste buds were just off..
    Thanks again for the recipe:) I love trying new things..

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

You never know until you try! I prefer this one to the French dips so it's truly a case of different strokes for different folks. Thanks for giving the feedback!

• homesforsale
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My pleasure Ginger..One of my DD's may prefer it also..Thanks again!

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

Thanks Monique for the feedback and Ginger for the recipe.

Monique I believe that cut is called the eye of the round in English. Is that what you use for your French Dip?

• homesforsale
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We use whatever is a good buy for the French Dips:) Usually a Blade Roast.What do you use Sharon?

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

Monique I haven't made it yet but want to. I believe the original recipe calls for chuck , was just curious if round works 'cause that's whats in my freezer.

• homesforsale
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh Sharon hurry and make the French Dips,you don't know what you are missing! Round would be good too,it falls apart and is extremely flavorful..I caramelize onions to serve w/ and a good mustard..:) Jacques dunks.

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

That's it, on the menu this weekend, we will be at the cottage and it sounds like the perfect cottage food.....with poutine on the side! LOL

• homesforsale
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Don't forget your camera!

• bamasue
    17 years ago

I could kick myself for waiting so long to try this oh so easy and delicious recipe! Had it all ready for a quick late nite Sunday supper then unexpected I-85 traveling company dropped by about 4. So, instead of sandwiches, I thickened the au jus and served it with the sliced roast over rice plus a veggie,dinner rolls,& dessert. Long story short...my 5# roast is gone but loved by all! Thanks, Ginger, for a great recipe!!

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

Glad you enjoyed it, Bama & thanks for letting me know. It almost looks too easy to be that good.

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms