Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

LOOKING for: turkey breast cutlets

Got a good deal on "sell by today" turkey breast cutlets. Now what do I do with them? I need you guys to inspire me! I love veal al limone but my daughter wonÂt eat veal. Can I do something similar with these? Something lemony-saucy to serve over noodles? Or will turkey be too bland? Thanks!

Comments (4)

• canarybird01
    15 years ago

Depending on how thin the cutlets are, could you cut them into cubes or nuggets? Here's really good dish I made with chicken cut into large dice:

Teriyaki Chicken & Stir Fried Vegetables over Rice

For 3 servings.....
    Ingredients:....quantities are variable

1 lb chicken breast cut into bite-sized strips
    3/4 cup green bell pepper - finely chopped
    3/4 cup red bell pepper - finely chopped
    1/2 cup white part of spring onion bulb - sliced finely
    1/2 cup grated carrot (optional)
    1/2 cup frozen peas
    1 cup fresh or frozen heads of broccoli sliced & chopped
    1/4 cup teriyaki sauce for marinade plus more for
    drizzle over when serving
    basmati rice - 3 cups cooked (200 grams raw)
    or 1 cup cooked rice per person
    3/4 cup sliced green stalk rings of spring onion - for garnish only
    olive oil for cooking
    salt & pepper

1. Put 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce in a small glass bowl and
    put in chicken pieces to marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
    Turn pieces and spoon over sauce from time to time.

2. Chop and prepare vegetables, putting all except green onion rings
    into a bowl. Put 2 TBS olive oil into a large non-stick frying pan or wok over
    medium heat and when hot, add the vegetables from the bowl.
    Stir constantly with wooden spoon until they are cooked enough
    but not overdone....10 to 12 minutes. Add more oil as needed.
    Turn off heat and put lid on pan to keep warm.

3. Put water on for cooking the rice.

4. When chicken has marinated, drain and reserve half the marinade,
    putting the other half of it together with the chicken into a second
    non-stick frying pan and cook, reducing the liquid and browning chicken
    pieces, about 10 minutes. Then add the reserved marinade, cooking for a couple
    minutes more until it has formed a reduced syrup around the chicken.

Drain cooked rice, add butter or oil, season to taste with salt & pepper.

5. Spoon chicken and sauce over vegetables, stir and season with S & P.
    Serve over rice, drizzle with more Teriyaki sauce and garnish
    with green spring onion rings.

Source.....my way of making it.

SharonCb

• chase_gw
    15 years ago

Both of these recipes work well with chicken or turkey cutlets. Just make sure they are pounded thin (cutlets usually are already thin ) and if very large you may have to cut in half.

Chicken Francese ( Lots of words but really, really easy)

1/2 Lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
    2 Tsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
    4 Tbl finely Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
    1 egg beaten well
    Flour for dredging
    1/4 Cup olive oil
    1/4 Cup dry white wine
    1 Cup chicken stock
    6 Thin Round Slices Of Lemon Seeds Removed
    2 Tbl butter

Cut the chicken breasts into 6 slices of roughly equal size. Place the slices between sheets of waxed paper, and pound with the smooth side of a mallet until they're thin. Season with salt and pepper.

Place cheese and parsley in a wide, shallow bowl. Slowly add the beaten egg, whisking until it's smoothly incorporated.

Place the flour on a wide plate.

Dip the pounded chicken slices in the egg mixture. Remove, letting excess egg drip back into the bowl.

Place each cutlet in the flour, and coat lightly. Remove from flour and hold them in a single layer.

Add the olive oil to a saute pan large enough to hold the 6 cutlets in a single layer.

Place over medium-high heat.

When the oil is hot, add the cutlets. Saute, turning once, until the cutlets are golden on the outside, just cooked on the inside (about 2 minutes per side).

Remove the cutlets, and hold them in a single layer.

Spill the oil out of the saute pan into a bowl. Return the pan to high heat. Add the white wine, and reduce it to 2 tablespoons.

Add the chicken stock and the lemon slices. Boil for 5 minutes, then remove the lemon slices. Keep boiling the sauce until it's reduced to 1/2 cup.

Turn heat to very low. Swirl in the butter until the sauce is thickened.

Add the reserved chicken pieces, turning them until they are coated in sauce. Divide cutlets among 2 plates, pour remaining sauce over them,sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley, and serve immediately.

Chicken Piccata - Woodie

4 Chicken breast halves , boned and skinned
    Salt and Pepper
    Flour (enough for coating)
    3 Tbl butter
    Juice of 1 lemon
    1-1/2 cups chicken broth
    1/2 Cup white wine

Put a piece of waxed paper on the counter and place chicken on top. Use a meat pounder, the side of a saucer, the unsharpened side of a heavy knife or other object to pound the breast into a thin piece that's uniformly thick (about an inch). Salt and pepper the chicken generously, then coat with flour. Melt butter in a large skillet and brown chicken on both sides.

Remove chicken from skillet. Add lemon juice, chicken broth and wine.

Boil down until its about one-half cup. Place chicken back in skillet, cover and cook 3 minutes. Remove cover and serve.

• lindac
    15 years ago

They are really good wrapped in bacon like a beef filet sprinkled with something like Montreal steak seasoning and grilled.
    Linda C

• bobo101
    14 years ago

A friend gave us 2 wild turkey breasts which I have frozen, as I'm not sure how to cook them. Since they are from a wild turkey, do I have to marinate them in something to take the "wild" taste out? Also, what is the best way to cook them? We eat "tame" turkey a lot, i.e. ground, turkey patties instead of ground beef, turkey cutlets, etc. If anyone has any recipes, I would appreciate them. Thank you.