Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
You Will Need
Season the duck breasts with salt and pepper and set aside on a tray or plate.
Step 2: Make the orange sauce
In one of the pans, mix the orange juice, stock, wine and orange zest. Bring to the boil and reduce. If you like a sweeter taste add 3 tbsp of sugar now.
Step 3: Cook the duck
In the other frying pan, cook the duck for 12 minutes, skin-side down. At this point, the duck will be medium cooked. If you prefer well done, leave for longer. Remove the fat and add the soy sauce. Now turn the duck to the other side and let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes on the stove without any heat. Spoon the soy sauce over the duck.
Step 4: Put it all together
After this resting period, cut the duck breasts into half, lengthwise. Place the 4 pieces into the frying pan with the reduced orange sauce. Heat gently on low heat till thoroughly warmed. When the sauce is reduced check the consistency.
Step 5: Garnish the meal
Place the breasts on a plate and pour some of the sauce over each one.
Step 6: Serving Suggestions
The duck with orange sauce needs to be served as soon as it is cooked. It is very rich and only needs steamed vegetables to complete it. Garnish with a spring of parsley to add to its brown and orange colour.
Here is a link that might be useful: Duck A La Orange Recipe Video
|Thanks for sharing your recipe. |
Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.