Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eileenlaunonen

LOOKING for: T&T twice baked potato

eileenlaunonen
14 years ago

Can someone sahre there recipe Ive made them last week for the kids and I wasnt impressed kinda bland

Comments (8)

• lindac
    14 years ago

I have no "recipe" with measurements because the size of potatoes is so variable.
    For 8 halves of twice baked...I bake 5 potatoes, halve and scoop out the indisd...leavine about 1/4 inch of potato in 4 potatoes ands cooping all out of the 5th shell....discard that shell ( or spread butter on and eat it quick!) and mash the potato flesh with some butter....sour cream and salt and pepper. At this point you can be creative and add stuff like sauteed onions, garlic powder, crumbled bacon, chopped green onion and any of a variety of different cheese....smoked provolone, swiss cheese, sharp chedder, parmesan, Asiago....whatever.
    Pile the filling back into the potato shells, sprinkle with paprika or chopped parsley or chives and bake at350 until hot and lightly browned.
    Linda c

• becky_ca
    14 years ago

* Exported from MasterCook *

Stuffed Potatoes

Recipe By :Becky Chatham
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :1:45
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    4 large baking potatoes
    4 slices bacon -- diced
    4 green onions -- sliced
    4 ounces cheddar cheese -- grated
    1/2 cup sour cream

Bake potatoes at 400F for about 1 hour, or until done. Crisply fry bacon and drain. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out potato and combine with other ingredients. Divide mixture evenly among skins; place on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 400F, or until hot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    NOTES : To make ahead: For 5 pounds of potatoes, use a pint of sour cream, about 1 ounce of cheese per potato, a bunch green onions (or dehydrated chives to taste) and a pound of bacon. After potatoes are stuffed, flash freeze and bag in freezer bags. To re-heat, either thaw in fridge or in microwave, and proceed as usual.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    14 years ago

I bake potatoes, cut them in half, scoop out most of the inside and mash it with some sour cream, salt/pepper - add shredded cheddar, a can of drained white tuna, scallions and frozen peas. I put the filling back in the skins and bake them at 350 until they're heated all the way through. Sprinkle a bit of extra cheddar on top and call it dinner.

seagrass

• angelaid
    14 years ago

No recipe here either. Scoop, mash with butter and a little milk, add cream cheese and a cheddar jack mix, some diced green onion and refill the shells. Little more cheddar/jack mix on top and bake. I freeze and take in for quick lunches at the office.

• eileenlaunonen
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I see the difference i didnt mix the cheese into the potato...Ill try again thanks for the tips

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    14 years ago

Check out these baked stuffed potatoes!! I'm going to make them for brunch soon!!

seagrass

Here is a link that might be useful: Baked eggs and bacon in potato bowls

• doucanoe
    14 years ago

I have linked to a recent thread with lots of really good recipes/ideas for twice baked potatoes. I have made the Andouille recipe I posted there many times and served with a side salad they are a meal in themselves!

Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Twice Baked Potato thread

• dirtgirl07
    13 years ago

I do the twice baked potatoes by cutting off just a 1/3 of the top, which is discarded, adding salt, butter, sour cream, cheddar to taste. Refill the potatoes. If I use bacon, it goes only on top because it gets a little soggy if mixed in.

When cooled, I wrap them in saran, carefully but tightly and freeze them. Once frozen, I pop them in zip locks just for extra protection. This way I can take them out individually or however many needed and reheat. It's a great way to do a lot of potatoes at one time when they are on sale or look really good.

By cutting off just 1/3 of the top, they hold their shape better for freezing.

Beth

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer