Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Bread Pudding for Two

Posted by teresa_nc7 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 13, 10 at 9:31

Yesterday I found this recipe just for two (or a hungry one) and made it last night. Very easy, ingredients I usually have on hand, delicious! Didn't have any ice cream, but that would put it over the top - or a custard sauce would be good.

Bread Pudding for Two - from the Taste of Home web site

Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.

* 1 cup soft bread cubes
* 1 egg
* 2/3 cup milk
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar (I used 4 TB, but 3 may be enough)
* 1 tablespoon butter, melted
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* Dash salt
* 1/3 cup raisins
* Vanilla ice cream

Place bread in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk egg and milk. Stir in the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.

Pour over bread; sprinkle with raisins. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream.

Yield: 2 servings.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Bread Pudding for Two

Oh, thank you Teresa! Except for the raisins, this looks like a real keeper. How do you think it would fare with staler bread since I always have stale bread on hand. Thanks again for posting this.

o

Ginger,
As long as you give the stale bread cubes time to soak up some of the custard mixture, I think stale bread would be fine to use. I actually used a couple of hot dog rolls and a slice of homemade bread when I made this last night. Didn't even measure the cubes, either. 'Course, I was being lazy last night and didn't measure the cinnamon or get out the nutmeg and grater either. It was still really good.

Funny, but I never gave a thought that bread pudding could be made for only a couple of servings. I sometimes make apple crisp for two, but that's because I had a recipe I used over the years in the Betty Crocker Cooking for Two cookbook. Even when I make baked custard I make 4 or 5 custard cups, but they keep well in the fridge. Actually, this recipe was the only one "for Two" that I found on the web.

Teresa

o

True, I never think of making something like this except in a 9x13 casserole. When I make custard, I don't want to make just 2 cups of it anyway, though. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here