Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: who shared the bar cookie recipe.....

Posted by eileenlaunonen (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 08 at 8:30

Cant find it I recieved a recipe somehow that was I think either butter cookie or short bread based you could use any choice of filling then you used the remaining dough to blop ontop and dust with confectioners...anyone have or remember this???? At first I thought it was Paula Deens recipe HMMMMMMMMM...... TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: who shared the bar cookie recipe.....

I think these are even better with apricot.

Roselin's Raspberry Bars
2 1/2c all purpose flour
1 c sugar
1 c chopped pecans OR walnuts
1 c butter, softened
1 egg
1 10 jar raspberry preserves

Grease a 9x13" baking pan. In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except preserves. Beat at low speed until mixture is crumbly about 2-3 minutes. Reserve 1 1/2 c of crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into baking pan.
Spread preserves to within 1/2" from edges of the unbaked crumb mixture. Crumble remaining crumb mix over preserves.
Bake for 40-50 minutes or til lightly browned. Cool completely and cut into bars.

o
RE: LOOKING for: who shared the bar cookie recipe.....

Sandra Lee's Raspberry bars!

I've made these

1 package (18-ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened (recommended: Pillsbury)
3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line an 8-inch square glass baking dish with enough foil so there is an overhang on 2 sides. Mix cookie dough with lemon extract, kneading to combine. With damp fingers, press 2/3 of dough into bottom of prepared baking dish. Spread jam over dough. Crumble remaining dough evenly over top of jam. Scatter pecans over top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until browned around edges and cooked through in center. Let cool in pan. Lift edges of foil to remove bars. Cut into 2-inch squares or diagonally into pennant shapes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here