Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Oreo cheesecakes

Posted by ruthanna (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 07 at 7:05

I hosted a tea party a few weeks ago and made these as one of the desserts. They're better made a day ahead of time so the cookies can soften up a little bit.

OREO COOKIE CHEESECAKES makes 16

20 Oreo cookies
16 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
Dash of salt
2 Tbs. flour
3 eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
3 Tbs. sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners. Separate 16 cookies in two, leaving the Oreos cream filling on each cookie half and placing any half into each cup liner, filling side up. Make crumbs out of the 4 whole cookies and set aside.

In bowl of electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, salt, flour and eggs. Beat for 4 minutes. Place one tablespoon of the mixture on top of each cookie half. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top and add the remaining cream cheese mixture on top of the crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes; remove from oven.

Combine the sour cream and sugar. Spread each cake with the mixture. Return to the oven for 4 minutes. Remove from the oven and place remaining cookie halves on top of each cheesecake, filling side down. Cool and then store in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Oreo cheesecakes

When I separate Oreos, the icing is usually on one side only for some reason. :) I like the idea of these better than the vanilla wafer ones.

o

Ginger, most of mine did that too. I used the icing halves for the bottoms.

o

Hmmmm.........my answer didn't pop up...must be I didn't hit the submit button. I think I would like these better than the vanilla wafer ones too.........but I thought maybe we could just eat the sides that had the icing?? Dunked in milk??

o

Last summer in Canada we were at a garden dinner party at my sister's neighbour's house.
The neighbour a professional cook with a catering business. He had prepared some wonderful buffet dishes.

One of his dessert trays had mini cheesecakes make with an Oreo cookie base.
Here you see a photo taken of the tray (at right) of them alongside some tarts:
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com They sure were good!

Ruthanna....are these similar to what you made, minus the Oreo piece on top? They were a favourite at that party.

SharonCb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here