Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Applesauce cake

Posted by kristlindgren (kristlindgren@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Mar 24, 09 at 5:17

I made this the other day and it was really good and very simple to make, a simple frosting could be used with this or none at all.

Applesauce cake
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
1 cup applesauce
1 tsp baking soda, dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water
1 cup raisins (opt)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (opt)
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups flour

Mix all together and bake at 350 degrees in a greased 9x13 pan. The original recipe does not give a time for baking, I started with 25-30 and checked it after that time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Applesauce cake

I made this a couple days ago, without the raisins & it's very good. Thanks for posting it.

o
RE: RECIPE: Applesauce cake

kristlindgren,
I just checked my Great-Grandmothers hand written recipe for Applesauce Cake and it was identical to the one you posted with the exception that her recipe stipulated Presto, not flour.

She baked hers for 1 hour at 350 in a 9x13 pan.

I would love to know where this recipe originated. Any idea?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here