Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Grilling Recipes

Posted by a-mazing (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 18, 11 at 0:56

Will be having my family over next week for dinner to welcome my son home. The weather has been beautiful so we plan to cook out on the grill. Would love to have some tried and true recipes for cooking out. Meats, veggies, desserts... whatever you have.
Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Grilling Recipes

Husband loves this one. I'm not a fan of cooked pineapple, but it really works in this. I'm too lazy to skewer everything. Just toss it all in the grill basket.

Chicken and Bacon Shish Kabobs

Ingredients

* 1/2 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup cider vinegar
* 4 tablespoons honey
* 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 10 small mushrooms
* 2 green onions, minced
* 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
* 1/2 pound sliced thick cut bacon, cut in half
* 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
* Green, red and/or yellow peppers, in 1 inch slices
* Medium onion, in chunks
* skewers

Directions

1. In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, cider vinegar, honey, vegetable oil and green onions. Place the mushrooms and chicken into the mixture, and stir to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat grill for high heat.
3. Wrap the chicken chunks with bacon, and thread onto skewers so that the bacon is secured. Alternate with mushrooms, pineapple, peppers and onions.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange skewers on the prepared grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with remaining soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and chicken juices run clear. (Or broil five minutes per side)

o
RE: LOOKING for: Grilling Recipes

Thanks Angelaid, that sounds great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here