Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vangy_gw

RECIPE: New twist for left over bean soup........

Vangy
17 years ago

I had small navy bean soup, made w/ chicken soup base, frozen peas, large can of tomato w/ added veggies, salt pepper, garlic pwd. I had put in a cooked rice blend left from a baked chicken dinner.

For this serving I added a 1/2 bag of fresh spinach under the soup mix to heat. I roasted butternut squash and parsnips using olive oil and some thyme on the parsnips, served the soup over them. It was very tasty, veggies added sweetness to the soup.

I have been experimenting w/ beans for a few weeks now. My DH's colesterol, a bit high, so...........

I liked the idea of instant soup made from bean flour but found an easier way. Cook small beans, lentils, split peas, 10 min, w/ choice of add ins, seasonings, then put in good blender or vegga matic, puree in batches , returning to cook a bit longer w/ added liquid of choice to desired consistence. No need to thicken w/ anything unless you would like to add instant potatoes for nurishment.

I like to use resturant quality soup bases w/out MSG and less salt.

For larger beans cook them 20 minutes following the same process.

Add toppings as you would w/ chili or soup..., cheese, sour cream, chopped onions.....

Vangy likes to cook, propagete and play in the dirt.