Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodie2

RECIPE: Ginger's Crockpot Beef (Pork)

woodie
14 years ago

A few weeks ago I made Ginger's crockpot French Dip recipe only this time I used pork (for the first time). It was delicious as I tasted it but I really didn't eat it as a meal since I had cooked it to freeze for my elderly parents and so all I did was just taste test it (yum). I packaged it up for my folks with some nice PA Dutch wide egg noodles and they told me they liked it.

Tonight, I defrosted a package that somehow didn't make it to my parents house! It was delicious and I thank you once again for that recipe, Ginger. It was good with a pork roast and mixed with noodles and a bit different from French Dip. But I could definitely see it as a Pork French Dip!

GINGER'S CROCKPOT FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES

2 cups water

1/2 cup soy sauce

4 whole peppercorns

1 tsp dried rosemary

1 tsp dried thyme

1 bay leaf

1 tsp garlic powder (had none so used 1 minced garlic clove)

3 lb boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed

8 French or sourdough rolls, split

Combine water, soy sauce, peppercorns, rosemay, thym & garlic in a slow cooker, stirring until wel blended. Place rost in cooker & cover.

Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender. Remove meat from broth & shred with a fork. Serve beef on rolls. Pour broth in small bowls for dipping.~~

Good topped with Swiss cheese or sauteed onions, peppers or both. I like mustard on the rolls, too.~~

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County