Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Ginger's Crockpot Beef (Pork)

Posted by woodie2 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 6, 10 at 21:56

A few weeks ago I made Ginger's crockpot French Dip recipe only this time I used pork (for the first time). It was delicious as I tasted it but I really didn't eat it as a meal since I had cooked it to freeze for my elderly parents and so all I did was just taste test it (yum). I packaged it up for my folks with some nice PA Dutch wide egg noodles and they told me they liked it.

Tonight, I defrosted a package that somehow didn't make it to my parents house! It was delicious and I thank you once again for that recipe, Ginger. It was good with a pork roast and mixed with noodles and a bit different from French Dip. But I could definitely see it as a Pork French Dip!

GINGER'S CROCKPOT FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES

2 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 whole peppercorns
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1 tsp garlic powder (had none so used 1 minced garlic clove)
3 lb boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed

8 French or sourdough rolls, split

Combine water, soy sauce, peppercorns, rosemay, thym & garlic in a slow cooker, stirring until wel blended. Place rost in cooker & cover.
Cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender. Remove meat from broth & shred with a fork. Serve beef on rolls. Pour broth in small bowls for dipping.~~

Good topped with Swiss cheese or sauteed onions, peppers or both. I like mustard on the rolls, too.~~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Ginger's Crockpot Beef (Pork)

I never would have thought to use pork so thanks for the great idea. Did you change any other ingredients? Thanks for the great idea, Woodie.

o

No I didn't change anything - but now that you mention it I might cut back a little on the soy and the herbs, pork is so much more bland than beef and it could have been a little bit strong for some tastes - but we all liked it and so maybe I just should just not mess with success!

Although I mixed it with noodles, I can see using it as a sandwich and dipping in the au jus just like the beef.

o

I would just like to add that I have made this recipe as originally submitted with beef, and it is delicious. I like it so much, I've passed the recipe on to new brides, who can always use T&T, easy, recipes.

o

What a coincidence, I was going to make ginger's French Dip Friday, couldn't find my recipe & had to come here to find it. When my meat thawed out I realized it was a pork butt roast. I started to go ahead with that recipe, but chickened out & just made bbq.

o

Great recipe, I made it today. Passed it on to my son, too.

o

Ginger has the best recipes.

o

I posted this question on the main forum also. I didn't sear the meat. Should I have? It's cooking now.

o

No - I don't sear the meat either. It will be fine!

o

Thanks woodie2 - smells really good so far. This is my first time cooking in a crockpot.

o

Main forum???

o

Sorry Ginger - I meant the CF. I get here from there so, to me, it's the main forum ;-). This recipe is so so good!!! Thank you!

o

Around here we are trying to cut down on food being thrown away, so recycling what we cooked the night before into a new meal is always on our mind. I am including a link to a very easy recipe for leftover pork roast from Betty, a real popular online chef.

Here is a link that might be useful: southern pulled pork sandwich recipe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here