Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackiwolfe

LOOKING for: London Broil Recipes

jackiwolfe
17 years ago

I bought two London Broils today because they were at a fantastic price at the grocery store...now I just have to figure out how to cook them! Any recipes? Thanks!

Comments (6)

• fearlessem
    17 years ago

I must say, my very favorite way of cooking them is covering them with Lawry's Seasoned Salt, broiling them until they are medium / medium rare, slicing on the bias, and eating! So good -- that was the meal, along with a can of LeSeuer peas, that my dad always made when I was a kid and my mom was out of the house...

Emily

• lindac
    17 years ago

Not much in the way of recipes here....just broil, slice in the diagonal against the grain ands erve.
    I think I have burned with a soldering iron on my forehead the message..."do not over cook"!...if you cook beyond medium rare, it will be tough as a shoe.
    Montreal Steak seasoning is good....and then my mother would make a mushroom sauce....which I hated! LOL!
    Linda C

• cindy_5ny
    17 years ago

This is my favorite recipe:

Grilled Marinated London Broil
    Source: Gourmet May 1994

For marinade:
    4 large garlic cloves, minced
    4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
    1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon soy sauce
    1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
    1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
    1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
    1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
    2/3 cup olive oil

a 2- to 2 1/2 pound London broil

Make marinade:
    In a bowl whisk together marinade ingredients until combined well.

Put London broil in a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over it. Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and set in a shallow dish. Marinate meat, chilled, turning bag once or twice, overnight.

Grill meat, marinade discarded, on an oiled rack set about 4 inches over glowing coals, turning each once, 9 to 10 minutes on each side, or until it registers 135°F. to 140°F., on a meat thermometer for medium-rare meat. (Alternatively, meat may be broiled.) Transfer meat to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut meat diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serves 6.

Cindy

• lucyny
    17 years ago

We like ours like this, Place the london broil on a plate, & pour a small amount (approx 1 1/2 teaspoon) of Gravy Master, brush it on both sides, sprinkle w/freshly ground pepper, & then sprinkle approx. for both sides 1 teaspoon of instant coffee (you don't taste the coffee) & 1 teaspoon of oil . Turn every 10 min. or so for about 30 minutes, then place on hot grill. When it's time to turn, place steak on another area of the hot grill, & remember to let it rest before cutting , it's wonderful. When I first introduced this to my family, my husband loved it, & my daugther who is fussy about her steak loved it as well, without even knowing about the coffee. When I finally told her, she wouldn't have never guessed. The coffee seems to intensify the beef flavor and between the Gravy Master & coffee the steak comes off the grill just beautifull with a rich color.

Lucy

• jackiwolfe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow what great ideas! Thanks to all. One question: what is Gravy Master?

• lucyny
    17 years ago

Gravy Master is a seasoning & browning sauce, used as a meat brush-on or to add flavor and color to soups, stews, sauces or gravies & use it in my beef dishes when needed. In this area of NY there's another product called Kitchen Bouquet. I find it in the spice isle & near the packaged gravies.

I made my steak like I mentioned above tonight, so wonderful...

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia