Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: alaskian cabbage slaw recipe anyone?

Posted by snowball (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 2, 07 at 17:18

I saw this recipe and now don't recall where I think it was called alaskian cole slaw. It had lots of stuff in it like dried cranberries and don't remember what all but it sounded so good and wanted to go in and get the recipe and try it. So does any one have it?
Sheila

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: alaskian cabbage slaw recipe anyone?

Got it! It looked good to me too, thanks Glenda!

* Posted by glenda_al (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 1, 07 at 20:33

When in Alaska, I went to a goldmine camp, where they grilled salmon and served cole slaw.
This one is almost identical, except for the dressing. Theirs was more of a mayo dressing, not sweet with honey, or sweet pickles.
To me their cole slaw was one of the best I have had.

Alaska Cole Slaw
5 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cups almonds, toasted
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts
1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper

Dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon honey mustard
1 tablespoon honey
Salt and pepper

Combine cabbage, almonds, cranberries, celery, green onions, and green pepper in a large plastic bowl with a snap-on lid.

Combine all dressing ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Pour dressing over slaw just before serving. Stir well

o

It was the best slaw I have ever had!

o

I shared this recipe with a slaw fan and it received raves! Thank you.

o

thanks loads...after I posted this thought maybe it was in answer to one of my questions so (went to get into yahoo because I couldn't remember what the subject was and knew I could get into it from there) by the time I "got there" there was the answer!! Wow how fast was that!!! Thanks loads
It sounds so good will have to get the ingredients and some one eager to try it.
Sheila

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here