Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ca

RECIPE: Cioppino

becky_ca
17 years ago

My DH went on a dive trip over the weekend, and came home with a big lobster, a couple of crabs and a bunch of rockfish. So we made cioppino, and it was good enough to share the recipe :-)

I adapted this recipe from one at allrecipes.com - have left the seafood as they called for it, but I think you can use just about anything that's fresh. We steamed the crabs and lobster tail, then added the meat to the stew. I bought some shrimp and put it in with the rockfish. I don't like mussels, so I was just as happy to leave those out.

Enjoy -

Becky

Lompoc, CA

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cioppino

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

1/3 cup olive oil

2 tablespoons butter

2 onions -- chopped

5 cloves garlic -- pressed

1 bunch fresh parsley -- chopped

1 can crushed tomatoes -- 28 ounces

2 cans chicken broth -- (14.5 ounce)

1 can tomato sauce -- 8 ounces

2 bay leaves

1 tablespoon dried basil

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1 1/2 cups white wine

1 1/2 pounds large shrimp - peeled and deveined

1 1/2 pounds bay scallops

18 small clams

18 mussels -- cleaned and debearded

1 1/2 cups crabmeat

1 1/2 pounds cod fillets -- cubed

1. Over medium-low heat melt butter and oil in a large stockpot, add onions. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until onions are soft. Add garlic for a couple of minutes to soften.

2. Add tomatoes to the pot. Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, bay leaves, basil, thyme, oregano, and wine. Mix well. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.

3. Stir in the shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels and crabmeat. Stir in fish, if desired. Bring to boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer 5 to 7 minutes until clams open. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with warm, crusty bread.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment (1)