Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Greek Vegetable Kabobs

Posted by khandi (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 6, 07 at 15:49

I've had this recipe in my files. I've never tried this recipe but it sure sounds good and thought I'd share it.

Greek Vegetable Kabobs

Marinade:

4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
cup olive oil
1 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp fresh thyme
tsp ground black pepper

In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients.

Kabobs:

8 skewers
1 large red pepper, cut into cubes
1 large yellow pepper, cut into cubes
2 small zucchinis, cut -inch rounds
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 lb parboiled baby potatoes, cut -inch rounds
1 red onion, cut into 1-inch squares

Soak wooden skewers for 1 hour in cool water.

Thread vegetables onto skewers and place in non-reactive dish. Brush gently with marinade. Pour marinade over skewers, reserving some for basting. Place kabobs in refrigerator to marinate.

Preheat grill to 375 F.

Place kabobs on grill and baste with additional marinade. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes per side.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Greek Vegetable Kabobs

I saw you're from Canada! We've been having sub-zero wind chills here (in degrees F). I don't plan on grilling anytime soon. Do you think the marinaded veggies could be roasted in the oven instead? Not quite the same effect as grilling, I know, but maybe a worthy substitute.

o
RE: RECIPE: Greek Vegetable Kabobs

I imagine that you can, although it will be different than grilling. I tried beef kabobs in the oven once and didn't like it at all - preferred grilled kabobs.

Let me know how they turn out if you decide to make them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here