Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Recipe: Chicken Rotel Casserole

Posted by donnalovesblue (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 10, 09 at 15:48

I meant to post this some time ago when someone was looking for company casseroles. This is my Mom's recipe, but there are several variations since Chicken Rotel has been quite popular around here for many years. It makes 2, 3 qt. casseroles and freezes well. I use some shortcuts which don't compromise the flavor or consistency, including rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken strips, frozen onions and bell pepper. Hope you try it!

5 or 6 cooked chicken breasts, cut up
12 oz vermicelli
1 stick butter
2 lbs. velveeta cheese, cut up
1 1/2 qts. chicken broth
1 1/2 chopped onion
1 1/2 chopped bell pepper
1 can Rotel
1 small or med. jar of sliced mushrooms, drained
1 can small english peas, drained
S&P to taste

-Boil chicken breasts until done, then cut into bite size pieces.
-Cook vermicelli according to package directions.
-In the butter, saute the onions and peppers until done, then add the Rotel, mushrooms and peas. Heat thoroughly.
-In the same large pot used for the vermicelli, heat the chicken broth to a slight boil, then add the velveeta and chicken. Simmer and stir until most of the velveeta has melted.
-Add the pasta, Rotel mix and s/p to taste.

You can use one very large pan, or two, 3 qt. casseroles, or cook just one, and freeze (uncooked)the other.
-Bake in pre-heated 350 oven until bubbly.

***You can use the original, mild or hot versions of Rotel.
***I use Nature's Seasoning instead of salt

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Recipe: Chicken Rotel Casserole

This sounds similar to a Chicken Spaghetti a friend used to make whenever she invited me to dinner because I loved it but think hers had Cream of Mushroom soup in it. Know it had Velveeta and peas. Will have to tinker with it.
Thanks.
RL`

o
RE: RECIPE: Recipe: Chicken Rotel Casserole

Thanks for posting, Donna. I'll certainly try this recipe -sounds like a good casserole for a cold winter night :) Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here