Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
solstice98

LOOKING for: Creative use of heart-shaped muffin tin

solstice98
17 years ago

I need to make a few dozen heart-shaped 'somethings' for an employee luncheon on Valentine's Day. I want to use a heart-shaped muffin tin but would prefer to make something other than muffins. I've thought of little quiches or meatloafs. I would love to do some sort of little baked pasta but it has to hold together so I can un-tin them and transport them to work still looking like little hearts!

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks,

Kate

Comments (8)

• gardener64
    17 years ago

carrot cake muffins are always a fave
    Quiche is quick and easy I make a simple one in muffin tins
    Just whip eggs, ham and cheese together and bake, onions if for me if company no onions

rice crispy treats and of course jello (red) with whip cream on side

google baked pasta and see if a recipe will fit your idea

• lindac
    17 years ago

How about using them to blind bake a pastry shell and fill the baked shells with strawberry mousse?
    Or go a step farther and put some chocolate ganashe in the bottom and put the mousse on top....or it could be raspberry mousse.
    How about mini pink angelfood cakes topped with strawberries? Mini cheese cakes with a chocolate cookie crumb crust and a strawberry topping?
    And there is always jell-o!
    DARFC!!!!
    Linda C

• gardenlad
    17 years ago

Moving in the other direction, if you brush liquid aspic or geletin on the mold, then let it set, you can fill it with anything and then unmold it.

Maybe some pink-tinted salmon mousse, for instance?

• homesforsale
    17 years ago

Gardenlad..I have gelatin sheets..How many do I use for what quantity of liauid?

I would love to try that..I have never made it w/ sheets and they came w/out instructions:(Thank you.

• sharon_fl
    17 years ago

I was going to suggest buying the box mixes of Date or banana bread. Bake in the heart molds. When cooled, slice in half and fill each with a layer of flavored butter, such as an orange/honey butter in the date bread hearts. Just add a tsp or two of orange juice concenrate, grated orange zest (I'd add zest to the date bread mix too) & a little honey, mix till smooth with butter.

• gardenlad
    17 years ago

I've never used the sheets, Monique, so can't help you. When I use gelatin I get the powdered.

What you might do is experiment. Try a half sheet in, say, 2 cups boiling water and see how that works. You can then adjust once you have a feel for it.

Don't forget that you can "melt" gelatin after it's set by standing the container in a larger pan of hot water. So it's not like you'll be wasting the experiments.

• san_
    17 years ago

these might be just the ticket for you! i haven't made them yet but i'd trust sol and there's nothing here not to like!

Angel Hair Flans
    Source: adapted from Sol

1 cup heavy cream
    3 large eggs
    dash of dried thyme
    dash of nutmeg
    3/4 tsp salt
    3 shakes pepper
    1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    3 ounces of angel hair pasta, freshly cooked

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray six 1/2 cup soufflé dishes or ramekins with cooking spray. Whisk first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Divide cooked pasta among prepared ramekins. Pour egg mixture over angel hair pasta. Sprinkle flans with remaining Parmesan. Bake until flans are set and golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Run small knife around sides of ramekins to loosen. Unmold and serve.

• homesforsale
    17 years ago

Those flans:) Like a carbonara w/out the bacon! Could add:)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County