Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: split pea tortellini soup mix recipe

Posted by spinachqueen (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 2, 09 at 15:35

Hi, Hope someone out there has this recipe. I was given a pint jar of mix for Christmas. It's a little different from the others that I've found on the web. A pint jar with the lentils, dry tortellini and spices. Instructions say to empty the jar ingredients into a 3 quart saucepan. Ajdd 1-28 oz.can of tomatoes, 1 sliced carrot and 2 cups water. Bring mixture to boil. reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes.

Does anyone have the recipe for the dry ingredients? I added 2 stalks celery and substituted chicken broth for the water. It was really delicious.

Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: split pea tortellini soup mix recipe

Well, when I googled it up, I came up with this recipe about 4 times on different web sites - maybe this will help you out.

Split Pea Tortellini Soup Mix

3 ounces dried cheese-filled tortellini (2/3 cup)
1/4 cup dried tomatoes -- snipped
1/3 cup dried split green peas
1/2 cup dried chopped carrots
1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil -- crushed
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme -- crushed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper

Layer ingredients in a large jar.

GIFT TAG INSTRUCTIONS:

To make Split Pea Tortellini Soup:
Empty jar ingredients into a 3-quart saucepan. Add 5 cups water. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 50 minutes or until peas are tender. (Option: Add 1 cup chopped cooked ham or sausage.)

Serves 4.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soup Mix

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here