Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Snickerdoodle cookie recipe like Cheryl & Co.

Posted by cookiekitchen1 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 19, 08 at 15:24

Ten years ago I enjoyed a snickerdoodle cookie from Cheryl& Co. on a flight from Ohio. They are simply THE BEST! They are made with light brown sugar, are soft and chewy, and more dense than the usual snickerdoodle. Instead of the mostly light in color outside that puffs slightly, then settles and cracks, the top is smoothe. The inside has a thin layer of cinammon and sugar. It seems that instead of being put down as a ball of dough, they are flattened round, dusted with abit of granular sugar then baked. I've been unable to duplicate these. They are wonderful. I realize they are commercial but there must be a similar recipe out there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Snickerdoodle cookie recipe like Cheryl & Co.

I grew up on a farm down the road from Cheryl and spent a lot of time eating her grandma's cookies, which her recipes are based on. Sadly, I don't remember the snickerdoodles - but your description sure sounds good. I didn't haved any luck Googling a copycat recipe. Here's an idea though. I have a sugar cookie recipe from that era, from another neighbor, that calls for the dough to be rolled into balls, rolled in sugar, and then flattened with the bottom of a glass that's been oiled and then dipped in sugar. The cookies are flattened and have a double layer of sugar on top - really good, crispy on the outside and chewey on the inside.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here