|Comfort food! My mother makes this with potatoes, my MIL makes hers with bowtie pasta.
In a large saucepan, combine
6 pork hocks
Add enough cold water to completely cover meat. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender.
Meanwhile, make 1-inch meatballs from a mixture of
1 lb ground pork
Bone and skin cooked pork hocks and remove bay leaves. Skim off fat. Mix together and stir in
½ cup flour
Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Add meatballs and
5 potatoes, peeled and halved
Continue cooking until potatoes and meat are tender, about 30 minutes longer. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Variation: Substitute bow tie pasta for the potatoes.
*Traditionally in French Canada this is thickened with 1 cup browned flour made by cooking in heavy pan until golden brown.
Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.