Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Quiche Lorraine

Posted by khandi (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 6, 07 at 14:31

I know there's many versions of this dish. I like this one!

Quiche Lorraine

For the crust:

1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup vegetable shortening, chilled
3 Tbsp iced water
Flour, for dusting

Egg mixture:

4 eggs
1 cup Half-and-Half cream
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch dry mustard
1 pinch paprika

For the filling:

6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped coarsely
1/3 cup diced yellow onion, sauted until translucent
3 ounces Gruyre cheese, grated
3 ounces Swiss Emmental cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Make the crust: in large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in the shortening. Add water to bring dough together. Roll dough out on floured surface and place into 9-inch pie plate.

Make egg mixture: in another bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, pepper, dry mustard and paprika. Set aside.

Assemble: sprinkle bacon, then onion, and then the cheeses on top of crust, saving 1 chopped slice of bacon for the top garnish. Pour egg mixture slowly into the shell to the rim. Sprinkle reserved bacon on top of quiche.

Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Then remove foil and finish baking for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Quiche Lorraine

to me, quiche is like chicken or potatoes. there is hardly a way to fix it that i don't enjoy it! thanx for your "variation on a theme"!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here