Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
recipe: rec: biscuits and gravy casserole

Posted by angelaid (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 08 at 12:43

Made this this weekend. Was so good. And so easy!

Biscuits and Gravy Casserole

1 pound ground pork sausage, your preference
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
2 (8oz) packages refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet, cook sausage and drain. While sausage is hot, stir in the cream cheese until melted and the mixture is creamy.

Open one can of crescent rolls and form the dough into the shape of a rectangle, closing the seams to make one big sheet of dough. Place in a lightly greased baking dish. Spread cream cheese and sausage mixture on top of dough, leaving a 1/2" area around the edges. Repeat steps with the other can of crescent rolls and lay the dough on top of the cream cheese and sausage mixture. Pinch the upper and lower dough edges together.

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cresent rolls are done. Cut into squares.

**NOTE: can add peppers, onions, black olives, diced and seeded tomatoes....etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: recipe: rec: biscuits and gravy casserole

Oh my, this one is really calling my name :) Thanks, Ang!

o

We are big biscuits and gravy fans here - looks yummy :-)

Becky

o

This is brilliant! I've got a recipe for Sausage Nuggets that uses the very same ingredients but mixing the warm sausage with the cream cheese then making a log of it down the center of the dough and encasing it in the dough, brush with beaten egg, sprinkle on poppy seeds, bake. When slightly cooled, cut into 1-inch pieces for a quick and easy appetizer or snack.

Just mention biscuits and gravy to me and I am all over that!

o

Tried this last night and it was good. I'm wondering if you could add some lightly scrambled eggs and do a whole breakfast thing?

o

Add scrambled eggs and cheese. YUMMO!

o

...and a cardiologist LOL!

o

LOL! But what a way to go! Now I have decided: my last meal would be sausage gravy over biscuits with fried June apples or homemade applesauce (chunky) on the side and a huge mug of coffee.

o

Teresa, I'll make mine the sausage gravy over biscuits and a bottle of red!

o

And how about buttered biscuits and CHOCOLATE gravy, yumm!

o

My MIL makes wonderful sausage gravy and biscuits, and I love it when she deep fries some Tater Tots to go along with the scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy. I like to put that gravy on everything. What a way to go...

Becky

o

Hi Everyone....I am new here. Just checking out the Biscuits and Gravy. It sounds great. I am going to make this tomorrow. My question is for Glenda. Do you have the recipe for Chocolate Gravy? My cousin has been looking for a chocolate gravy recipe her mom use to make for biscuits. I am looking forward to contributing to the forum. Thanks!

o
chocolate

This is my T&T recipe!

Chocolate Gravy
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Mix all the dry ingredients in a heavy saucepan with a whisk. Using a whisk blends everything better than a spoon. Stir in the milk.
Cook over medium heat stirring constantly. Remove the pot when the mixture is thick like pudding.
Add the butter. Stir in until completely melted. Serve over biscuits.

o

Thank you!! I called her she was so excited.

o
welcome

You are most welcome!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here