Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Peanut Butter Cookies with Fiber

Posted by khandi (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 5, 07 at 11:42

Made these yesterday. We all liked them! They're not too sweet. The rolled oats and bran give these peanut butter cookies a nutritional boost.

Peanut Butter Cookies (with fiber)

1 cup butter or margarine
cup brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
2 eggs, beaten
1 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup bran
cup rolled oats
2 tsp baking soda

Melt butter. Beat together with the sugars, vanilla, peanut butter, and eggs.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, bran, oats, and baking soda. Stir mixture, by hand, into the butter mixture. Do not overmix.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 F degree oven for 12 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool. Makes approximately 5 dozens.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Peanut Butter Cookies with Fiber

Khandi, what kind of bran did you use? I have oat bran and wheat bran or are you talking bran cereal?
Thanks.
RL`

o

I used wheat bran (100% natural).

These cookies really aren't bad! We really like them. Even the dog!! She just hears you going in the cookie jar and she gets all excited. LOL

At first I was expecting something sweet but they're not. (I have a bad sweet tooth, which is why I love to bake)I've even been eating them for breakfast with my coffee.

When I bake, I try to stay away from using granulated sugar as much as possible. I prefer using brown sugar and/or honey... healthier that way. This is the first "healthy" cookie I've made. I found the recipe in one of my drawers. I think I've had that recipe for 15+ years LOL

o
cookies

Forgot to mention that the original recipe indicated:

Drop by teaspoonfuls and bake for 15-17 minutes.

I make a lot of cookies and I know that this is way too long for this size cookie. I dropped mine by tablespoonfuls and baked them for exactly 12 minutes. They are crunchy but not hard! At first I thought they were a little dry but I think it's the bran in it. When they're cooled, they're very good.

I've been eating some for breakfast with my coffee... I figure..heck.. they got rolled oats and bran! can't be that bad for breakfast.. LOL Our dog really loves them! She just hears you in the cookie jar and gets really excited!

At first I hesitated to make this recipe but decided to give it a try because of the oats and bran. Glad I did because I will make this often... healthier than your usual cookie. Because I love to bake, I try to use brown sugar and/or honey instead of white sugar... the oats and bran is a bonus here! Found this recipe in my drawer.. had put it there 15+ years ago and never bothered to try it.

o

Thanks for sharing this! I wonder if I can even add a kiss on top to make them festive if need be?

Thanks for telling me to search for this recipe!!!
Julie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here