Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Toffee Brownies

Posted by deedeebaker (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 08 at 10:38

These are great!!! Made them this weekend and they were a great hit - Had to pass this on. Enjoy. Recipe is from Paula's Home Cooking show.

1 (17.6-ounce) package brownie mix with walnuts (make sure you buy family size)
Vegetable oil cooking spray
3 (6-ounce) candy bars with almonds and toffee chips (recommended: Symphony brand)

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.

Line a 13 by 9-inch cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil cooking spray. Spoon in half of the brownie batter and smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon. Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter. Cover with the remaining batter.

Bake according to package directions. Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil. This makes it easy to cut the brownies into squares.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Toffee Brownies

Thanks, I have another Paula brownie recipe which starts out with a mix and some kind of topping - nice and easy and good!

o

I made these for the second time last night. I was hooked after a guest brought them here on New Year's Day. Here's my recomendation:
Ghirardhelli double chocolate brownie mix (smaller package)
2 Symphony toffee bars (I only use 1 3/4 bars)
Make the mix as directed. Use an 8x8 pan lined with GREASED tin foil, pour in 1/2 of the mix, place a single layer of candy bar covering the top, pour in the rest of the mix, spread it to the sides and corners and bake at 325 for about 50 minutes. I love chewy brownies, but this is one recipe that works when they're cooked a bit more. Cool and if possible refrigerate. Then cut and serve. I cut into smaller portions as it's a sweet recipe, but such a winner and such praise when it's served! I'm so not a nut person, but you'll never know that they're there in this recipe. I wouldn't use the mix with nuts included.

o

Ellen - I love those Ghirardelli double chocolate brownie mixes too. Here's a plus: our Publix occasionally has them buy one get one free. I usually stock up on them then.

Now I just have to remember to pick up the candy bars...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here