Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kat123_gw

RECIPE: Slow cooker rump roast recipe

kat123
17 years ago

Just bought the All Clad slow cooker from Williams Sonoma. Does anyone have a good rump roast recipe and a good chicken breast recipe? Thanks.

Comments (10)

• ginger_st_thomas
    17 years ago

ITALIAN BEEF
    One 3-4 lb roast beef (rump roast or sirloin tip)
    1 jar pepperochini peppers, juice & all
    1 can beer
    1 can beef bouillon
    Combine all ingredients in a large crockpot. Cook on high 30 minutes; reduce heat to low. Cook until beef is tender. For supper, start cooking before work. If you want it for luch cook at bedtime.)
    Remove meat from juices, slice thinly & return to pot. Serve on hoagie buns & dip sandwiches in juice.~~

• roselin32
    17 years ago

Ginger's Italian Beef is a classic........great recipe. Do try it.
    RL`

• roselin32
    17 years ago

This is my favorite crockpot recipe:
    Crockpot chicken:
    Make 4 tennis sized balls of foil and put in the bottom of the crockpot. Remove the gizzard, livers, etc, from a whole chicken cavity. Rinse and sprinkle cavity with 1 tsp of seasoned salt. Stuff with half of a lemon. Put in crockpot, sprinkle with the other half of lemon juice and sprinkle over chicken with seasoned salt and a little pepper. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low. Will be falling apart tender and the juice is great over the chicken. Can be thickened and used as gravy if desired.

• cathyhudd2
    17 years ago

roselin32
    Whats the foil do to the chicken, does it keep it up from the juices?

• roselin32
    17 years ago

Yes, that is all it does. Seems to work well though.

• Vangy
    17 years ago

I like to liberaly stab holes w/ a paring knife in most of my beef roasts, stuffing them w/ chunks of garlic, after browning the meat. I use resturant beef soup base (low sodium, no MSG) for added flavor w/ a generous amount of water, which makes very tender meat, and, fantastic flavored broth or gravy.

Vangy

• kat123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yum! Thanks for the delicious recipes.

• ysop1016
    17 years ago

Vangy,
    Where do you buy the beef base?
    TIA

• nanahanna
    17 years ago

I place peeled carrots, potatos and onions on the bottom of the crock pot, place a rump or sirloin roast on top of veggies, sprinkle onion soup mix on top of meat and slow cook all day. It is delicious. The juices from the roast cook through the veggies along with the onion soup mix.

• ramona
    17 years ago

I adapted this recipe for the slow cooker and it is just fabulous. Nothing
    could be eaiser to fix when you are having guests. Be sure to use
    chuck roast only.

Russian River Pot Roast

beef chuck roast around 5 pounds
    1/2 cup tomato sauce
    1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
    1/2 cup Pinot Noir
    1 piece dried orange peel
    3 whole cloves
    1 cinnamon stick
    1 clove garlic minced
    1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
    1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
    salt and pepper
    olive oil
    3 onions
    6 carrots

The roast is rare in the center and very flavorful. Also, vegetables in the slow cooker have to be in small pieces to cook, don't worry, they don't get overdone.

Pat the roast dry with paper towels and brown thoroughly in the oil. Put the onions and carrots sliced in one inch pieces into the bottom of the slow cooker. Put the browned roast on top. Add the other ingredients except salt
    and pepper.

You can do this the night before and leave out on your countertop. Cook for 12 hours on low. One hour before serving, drain off juice into a sauce pan. Remove orange peel and cinnamon stick.

Skim off any fat, although there may not be very much. Reduce the juice on the stove to less than half. Correct seasonings and pour over roast. Continue cooking 1 more hour.