Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: soup made w/ mahatma beans and rice

Posted by wearybuilder (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 6, 09 at 23:38

The recipe for the soup was on the label of Mahatma Beans and Rice (can't remember if it was red or black).

It involved making the beans and rice as directed, some salsa, some corn I think....

really good and really fast and simple...

None of our stores carry the product anymore and I'm missing the soup (never kept the label because it always had the same recipe!)

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: soup made w/ mahatma beans and rice

found this on their website under recipes and i searched for soups

Pueblo Black Bean Soup
Serves 6
Ingredients:
1 pkg Mahatma Black Beans and Rice Mix
1 can 16 oz Cream Style Corn
1 cup salsa
1 cup beef or chicken broth

Directions:
Prepared rice mix according to package directions. Add remaining ingredients and heat until hot.

o

Thanks bela67! I think that's it! I had looked on the website, but must have just overlooked it somehow!

Now I'm off to find a suitable replacement for the (unavailable to me) Mahatma!

o

It didn't come up when you put the ingredient in but i did a search on just soup which brought up a ton! i love mahatma, we used to get the spanish rice all the time and its so cheap and much more flavor than the rice a roni brands!

im going to have to try this recipe!! : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here