Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: T & T Cheese Blintzes please

Posted by craftyrn (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 23, 07 at 22:31

Had these yesterday at a little diner-- so good-- anyone willing to share their T & T recipe ?

TIA,
Diane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: T & T Cheese Blintzes please

There are probably as many blintz recipes as there are cooks making them. And that includes the batter as well as the filling. But these might help you out:

All Purpose Crepe Batter

4 eggs
2 1/4 cups milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cups flour

Combine eggs and salt in bowl. Grandually add flour,alternately with milk, beating until smooth. Beat in melted butter.

or

Combine ingredients in blender jar; blend for about 1 minutes. Scrape down sides and blend another 15 seconds or until smooth.

Refrigerate batter at least an hour before using.

To make crepes, heat a 6-inch skillet. Lightly oil or butter it. Pour in about 1/4 cup batter, and swirl it around to evenly cover buttom of pan. Cook until top looks dry and bottom is slightly colored.

Continue in that manner, stacking the crepes as they come out of the pan.

Cheese Filling

2 cups drained cottage cheese
1 egg yolk
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbls melted butter
2 tbls sugar (optional)
1 tsp lemon juise (optional)

Beat the cheese, egg yolk, salt and butter together. Add the sugar or lemon juice as you like.

Place a heaping tablespoon of the filling on the browned side of a crepe. Tuck in the oppostie sides and roll up. Arrange in a buttered baking dish and bake in a 450 degree oven 10 minutes.

Alternatively, pan fry the blintzes in a little butter until browned on all sides.

o

The filling I use is similar to gardenlad, only I use very well drained ricotta, or a half/half mixture of both the ricotta and very well drained cottage cheese. I always add the sugar and lemon juice, and sometimes vanilla

o

Ooh, I like the idea of rcotta. Will have to try it that way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here