Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Baked Rice Pilaf

Posted by annova914 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 20, 09 at 21:22

My sister told me about this recipe for baked rice pilaf that she found at the almanac website. I tried it tonight and of course I had to mess around with it so I'm posting the original and my version. This is how I'll be making pilaf from now on. It is delicious!--Ann

Baked Rice Pilaf

1 cup uncooked, long grain rice
4 T butter or margarine
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups hot beef or chicken broth
tsp salt
cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Saute the garlic and rice in the butter or margarine until golden. Pour into a casserole, add the broth and salt. Cover tightly and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Add the cheese and stir until cheese is well mixed and the rice is fluffy. Serves 4.

Source: Almanac.com/getrecipes

My changes:

Baked Rice Pilaf

4 Tbsps butter (half unsalted, half salted)
2 thin slices sweet onion, chopped
cup slivered almonds
1 garlic clove, minced
Some vermicelli broken up
1 cup uncooked long grain rice
2 cups hot chicken broth (preferably low sodium)
tsp Kosher salt
cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano

Saute onion and almonds in butter until golden. Add garlic. Add vermicelli pieces and saut until light brown. Add rice and saut briefly. Pour rice mixture into 1.5 qt casserole dish. Pour in chicken broth and salt. Cover tightly and bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff the pilaf and then top with cheese. Serves 4.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Baked Rice Pilaf

The variations are endless with that but I like the sound of yours. Thanks for posting it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here