Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: looking for: middle eastern salad dressing

Posted by piper101 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 22, 08 at 20:46

A long time ago I knew a guy whose family was Middle Eastern and they made the best salad dressing. I know it had Cumin in it and was like an oil and vinegar type dressing. Maybe it had lemon juice too. I haven't been able to copy it & would like to. Can you help or give suggestions??? TIA, Nicole

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: looking for: middle eastern salad dressing

The cumin caught my eye. If you don't get the recipe you want, try making the dressing for this salad and see if it's what you're looking for in a middle eastern type of dressing. I love it with the cilantro. Ann

Marinated Chickpea Salad with Radishes and Cucumber (6 Servings)

1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
Salt and freshly group pepper, to taste
One 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 lb. seedless cucumber, thinly sliced crosswise
6 large red radishes, thinly slided
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro or parsley

In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest and cumin and season with salt and pepper. Add the chickpeas and let marinate for at least 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in the cucumbers, radishes, onion, and herb(s) and season with salt and pepper.

Source: recipe was in an ad for Geyser Peak Sauvignon Blanc, 2006, posted by someone at finerkitchens.com

o

Here's a cumin vinaigrette.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cumin Vinaigrette

o

Thanks Girls!!! :) I'll give them a try. Sounds good.

Now if I could only figure out the recipe for that great salad dressing you get at Japanese restaurants! Has ginger, that is all I know but it is so good and no bottled one really gets it. Thanks again. Nicole

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here