Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Crock pot chicken & Dumplins

Posted by joann_fla (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 17, 09 at 20:09

I made this tonight for the first time and its great! and so easy. Its from allrecipes.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Hours Ready In: 6 Hours 10 Minutes
Servings: 6-8

"Easy, creamy chicken with delicate dumplings made from refrigerator biscuits, slow cooked to comfort food perfection."
Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of
chicken soup 1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit
dough, torn into pieces

Directions:
1. Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
2. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Crock pot chicken & Dumplins

Thanks, Joann. I cook and bring food to my elderly parents and soft foods with gravy works great for them and sometimes I need something that is new and different doesn't require a lot of work.

o

Sounds good JoAnn
Chicken breast just went on my shopping list!

o

We've made this several times. It's really good! You can even throw in frozen breasts! I suggest a little extra liquid (water or broth). The biscuits take about an hour to brown in there. You can add sm diced carrots and or frozen peas too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here