Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Too much Kielbasa

Posted by cuffs054 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 23, 08 at 19:55

My dear Aunt has sent yet another shipment of kielbasa to me (long story) anyway I just tried this odd recipe off the internet and it was way better than I expected.

1 ring of kielbasa cut in 1" pieces
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup yellow mustard (like French's)
3 Tbls brown sugar
Fresh parsley
cracked pepper

Put K in large fry pan with wine and simmer covered for 10 min. Add mustard and sugar, bring to boil and simmer UNcovered 10 min (it took me 15) untill sauce thickens. Add parsley and pepper to taste.

I served this with buttered noodles and some cooked cabbage.

This could be good with cocktails

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Too much Kielbasa

I haven't had kielbasa in years. This sounds good so I'll have to go look for some, if I can find it here.

o

Thanks! I love Kielbasa (but I never know how to spell it, LOL) and I always cook it the same way, in a pan with sauerkraut, so this will be fun to try.

o

gumbo! (or is it jambalaya? darfc...)

o

Oh yum!

I love fried Kielbasa especially with pirogies and sauerkraut. This will be a nice change up. Bet Honey Mustard would be good too.

Woodie didn't you make us a fried Kielbasa nibblie when we were in NJ? It was a fabulous treat.

o

Chase, the combo of brown sugar and yellow mustard was fairly sweet. I might suggest using a more "grainy" mustard. BTW, took leftovers for lunch today. Reheated nicely.

o

Took this for appetisers tonight. Big hit, better than using as a main course.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here