Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebeccacerince

LOOKING for: Meatball recipe

Rebecca Cerince
16 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I had a meatball recipe from the forum and I lost it! I've looked through the search mode and I can't find it. I remember it used milk, breadcrumbs, eggs and ground beef and maybe ground pork too? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks :)

Comments (5)

• lindac
    16 years ago

I hate to tell you....but in the past 3 years or so there have ben about a dozen meatball recipes matching that desctiption posted on this forum.
    Here's one...
    Meatballs..a la Swedish

½ pound ground chuck
    ½ pound ground pork
    ½ to ¾ cup fresh bread crumbs
    1 egg
    1/4 cup milk
    ½ tsps salt
    ¼ tsp allspice
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    2/3 tsp grated lemon rind
    Microwave a little bit, taste and check for seasonings

Mix all togetherÂadding bread crumbs as needed to make a soft mix that will just hold togetherÂmakes about 25 to 30 meatballs, dredge in flour..not too muchÂ

Sauce
    2 cups beef broth
    !/2 cup dry white wine
    ½ pint sour cream
    Handful of fresh parsley

Bring the beef broth to a gentle boil and drop the meatballs in a few at a time. Remove after about 6 or 7 minutes with a slotted spoon and add more meatballs until all are cooked.
    Strain the cooking liquid and return to panÂreduce to about 1 ½ to2 cups, add the sour cream, heat and then add the meatballs, when all is heating to a bare simmerÂadd parsley and serve with noodles or toothpicksÂ
    Do not boil hard when cooking meatballs or they will fall apart
    Do not boil hard after sour cream is added or it may curdle.
    Remember the sauce will be salty when cooked down, so under salt the meat.

• danain
    16 years ago

Were they baked? If so maybe it was mine:

3/4 + 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
    1/3 cup heavy cream (or milk)
    1 pound ground beef
    1 pound ground veal or pork
    1 onion; minced
    2 cloves garlic: crushed or minced
    1 teaspoon each; oregano, basil, parsley
    3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon table salt)
    1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
    1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
    1 egg yolk

Combine 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs with milk; let set for five minutes. Stir together onion, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, egg yolk and bread soaked in milk. Fold in meats and shape into 1/4-cup balls and roll in remaining bread crumbs. Place a rack inside a baking dish sprayed with Pam leaving a little space between each meatball. Bake 30 to 35 minutes at 425° until they reach an internal temperature of 160°. Do not over bake. Makes about 20 meatballs. These are very tender and juicy.

Marilyn

• Rebecca Cerince
    Original Author
    16 years ago

That's it! Thank you Marilyn!! I will save the recipe much more carefully this time. Thanks again:)

Rebecca

• Rebecca Cerince
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Lindac, thank you for your post. I will try your recipe too.

Rebecca

• benflower
    15 years ago

Just want to thank Marilyn (from a Feb. post by danian)for the meatball recipe. I have always had trouble with them-- tough, dry, hocky pucks---- this recipe is the best. Made them today, exactly by the recipe (which I NEVER do) and they were great. I am planning to add to spaghetti sauce for dinner (that is if any are left by then)-- I think these would be great for appetizers as they are. What a great recipe! Thanks Marilyn