Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cagardenerwestelle

LOOKING for: Sheet Pan Apple (fruit) Pie

CA Kate z9
15 years ago

I understand the general concept of a sheet-pie, but a T&T recipe would be a big help. I'm having a meeting at our house and think this would be a great way to self-serve a dessert. If anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments (5)

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

Not sure what a sheet pan pie is. Do you mean a sort of free-from pie without a pie dish? If so, make the one below. It's definitely tried & true.

Here is a link that might be useful: Apple Frangipane Tart

• roselin32
    15 years ago

I have seen a sheet pan apple pie recipe....will look for it and post it after a bit.

• lindac
    15 years ago

I've done it....but didn't use a recipe...other than that for the crust and the filling .
    I made 2 times the crust recipe, patted it into the bottom of a jelly roll pan and up the sides using my fingers.
    Then I mixed up the filling, gently poured and spread it around on the crust, layed slices of apple over the top overlapping slightly, sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon and baked at 350 until done. Think it took about40 minutes.
    The crust:
    Pastry
    1 1/4 cups AP flour
    1 /4 cup cake flour
    !/4 cup sugar
    1/4tsp salt
    !/4 lb chilled bitter
    2 egg yolks
    Water if needed
    Pastry
    Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, cut in ( or work in with your fingers) the butter until mix resembles coarse meal
    Work in beaten egg yolks
    And add water if needed to hold dough together.
    Form into flattened ball, wrap and chill at least 30 minutes ( or up to 2 days)

filling
    2 8 oz blocks of cream cheese
    2 eggs
    2/3 cup sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    Beat until smooth.

This was called something like Dutch Apple squares.
    Hope this is what you are looking for.
    Linda C

• dottieq
    15 years ago

Apple Danish

3 C. flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    Mix together and cut in:
    1 C. vegetable shortening
    Combine 1/2 C. milk and 1 egg yolk, beaten...add to flour mixture. Mix well. Roll out half the dough on floured surface to fit 11 x 16 jelly roll pan. Place on pan.

Filling:
    6 C. peeled sliced apples
    3/4 C. sugar
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    2 T. flour
    Combine and sprinkle over crust in pan. Dot with 4 T. butter. Roll out remaining dough and place on top of apples. Brush with beaten egg white. Bake in preheated oven 375 for 45 min.
    Combine 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar, 1/8 tsp. salt, 1 tsp.vanilla, 2 - 3 T milk for glaze. Spread over top while warm.

• CA Kate z9
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Dotti and Linda. This is pretty much what I thought, but thanks for the recipe amounts.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH