Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Salad Dressing Recipe

Posted by westelle (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 17, 09 at 17:02

I LOVE the grilled shrimp spinach salad at Applebees. Does anyone have the/similar dressing recipe that would go with this salad so I could make it at home? I tried googling it but didn't get THE recipe, which is apparently a best-kept secret.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Salad Dressing Recipe

No, but did you see the recipe for the dressing below? If not it, it sure sounds good.

Here is a link that might be useful: Salad

o

Perhaps. I'll try it out and see if it's the right one. It's really hard to tell just from the recipe alone.

o

Post back how it turned out. Never tasted the original myself.

o

i FOUND THIS RECIPE at ALLRECIPES. It sounds like A LOT OF SUGar, but everyone gAVE IT Rave reviews. oNE OF THE REVIEWERS Said the following: "I work at an applebee's and we have a hot bacon dressing to die for and after searching for anything remotely close and coming up with nothing, I came across this recipe. I just made it and it's quick and easy and exactly what I was looking for."

"This warm dressing immerses crunchy bacon bits in a sweet, thickened vinaigrette for an old-time taste treat!"

Hot BACON DRESSING
Ingredients:
8 slices bacon
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
Directions:
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt, and slowly pour in water and vinegar, whisking constantly.
3. In a medium skillet, add the crumbled bacon and pour the vinegar mixture over it. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.

(P.S. Sorry ABOUT THE TYPING. i Have no control over the cAPS LOCK ON MY KEYBOard since I spilled coffee on it!)

o
another review

Here is ANOTHER REVIEW OF THat dressing where A PERSON Said it tASTED LIKE applebee's. She AND OTHERS DID CUT Back on the sugAR, USING AS LITTLE as 1/2 cup TO 1 1/4 CUP INSTeAD OF 1 1/2 CUPS. YOU May haVE TO STart out with less sugAR and ADD TO Taste.

"This was great and I think a lot like Applebees. I only used 1 1/4 cups sugar, some of the bacon grease and added a little more cornstarch since it didn't seem to get thick. I served it over spinich with grilled shrimp and chopped red onion, roasted red pepper and toasted almond slices. UMMMM. I will be making this a lot! Thanks for the recipe. Now I don't have to go to Applebees to satisfy my craving."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here