Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: looking for: specific zucchini recipe

Posted by loralee_2007 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 16, 10 at 16:54

I lost my revered recipe box (in a recent move) that had many T & T recipes handed down to me from my mom, who was an excellent cook! One in particular was a zucchini dish that I am desperately hoping to find.

The zucchini was cut length-wise & hollowed out, then filled with an extra lean ground beef mixture with celery, and simmered in a beef broth in an electric frying pan.

After cooking, there was a separate sauce to cover which I remember had soy sauce, ginger & cornstarch for thickener (like a gravy).

This is the only way I will eat zucchini & it was extremely delicious, but I have no idea where my mom got the recipe and I have not been able to find it.

If anybody can help me find this delicious recipe I would be ever grateful!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: looking for: specific zucchini recipe

It seems you already know how to do the zuchhini, I found this recipe for the sauce, you can add to it or not use the garlic and it should be like your wanting.You may also use fresh ginger. Hope this helps.

GARLIC GINGER STIR FRY SAUCE (pareve)

4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons cornstarch
pinch of ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 to 2 teaspoons Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce
2 tablespoons sherry or white wine
In a bowl mix all the ingredients together and set it aside.

After stir-frying veggies reduce the heat and add
sauce. Stir for about 2 more minutes and then serve immediately. Makes
1/2 cup. This recipe can be doubled or tripled.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here