Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Looking for: Ways to use lettuce

Posted by jennieboyer (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 13, 13 at 14:48

Hi All -

I have an ABUNDANCE of leaf lettuce (black seeded simpson, redina, arugula, etc) and just can't seem to use it all up. Any good uses except for salads?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Looking for: Ways to use lettuce

It.s still a salad but have you ever made a wilted lettuce salad? It takes a lot of leaf lettuce and is my husband'sfavorite.

o

Hi Roselin - I haven't because every recipe I can find uses bacon and I try to stay away from that. It sounds great, but I don't really want all the fat/grease that comes with it. I would love to try it if I could find a recipe that doesn't use bacon.

o

I think you need some bacon drippings for it but I do use the center cut bacon that renders very little fat. Do you do lettuce wraps? I don't but know you can find lots of directions on the net.

o

Are any of those varieties suitable for roll ups. This is a fabulous recipe:

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicken roll ups

o

Are any of those varieties suitable for roll ups. This is a fabulous recipe:

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicken roll ups

o

How about Emeril Lagasse's Lettuce Soup. It received quite a few 5 stars and a delicious 1st course for a meal.

Here is a link that might be useful: Emeril's Lettuce Soup

o

I think a wilted lettuce salad might be good with sesame oil as a substitute for the bacon grease.

o

Try it in a stir fry, can be quite good!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here