Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smcanlis

LOOKING for: sweet potato fries dipping sauce

smcanlis
14 years ago

I am looking for the recipe for a dipping sauce for sweet potato fries. I had one at a restaurant (The Brewery in Stockton, CA) but have not been able to duplicate it. It was similar to Thousand Island pinkish color and had a little zip to it. Any ideas would be helpful

Comments (13)

• glenda_al
    14 years ago

Never had a dipping sauce with my S P Fries. Local restaurant serves mixed in with theirs fried okra.

Here's Emeril's two dipping sauces:

Sour Cream Dipping Sauce:

¾ cup sour cream
    2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
    1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
    ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
    ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon lime zest

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well to mix through.

Yield: ¾ cup

Spicy Sour Cream Dipping Sauce:

¾ cup sour cream
    1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo, minced
    2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
    1 teaspoon cilantro or parsley
    ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
    ¼ teaspoon cumin
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon lime zest

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well to mix through.

Yield: ¾ cup

• trixietx
    14 years ago

There are two that I use. One is from www.ourbestbites.com.

Honey-Lime Dip for Sweet Potato Fries

6oz container plain, low-fat yogurt
    1 T mayo (low cal is fine)
    1/2 T honey
    1/2 lime
    1/4 t cumin
    1/8 t oregano
    1 t parsley
    1/2 t granulated onion
    3/4 t kosher salt

Mix honey and yogurt until combined and give it a big squeeze from the lime half. Add in spices and herbs and you have a dip.

The other, which is the one I use most of the time and may have got from here or the cooking forum.

1 1/4 c. sour cream
    2 T. chili sauce
    2 gr. onions
    1 T. cilantro
    Mix together and serve with sweet potatoe fries.

• woodie
    14 years ago

This is the only recipe I've made (on several occasions) and its a winner in our house.

Sweet Potato Wedges with Dipping Sauce- lorijean
    2 lb. 4 oz. sweet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 3-4" wedges - Toss with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Sprinkle with chili powder & salt to taste.
    Place on baking sheet in single layer. Bake at 375 F., 40 - 50 minutes, until tender and lightly browned on edges.
    Dipping Sauce
    Mix 1-1/4 cups sour cream, 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce, 2 green onions (finely chopped), and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Cover & refrigerate.
    Serve hot wedges with dipping sauce.
    Lori

• chase_gw
    14 years ago

I use Lori's as well ( posted by Woodie). It's a great dip!

• chase_gw
    14 years ago

LOL...I see that Trixie posted the same recipe...told you it was good!

• angelaid
    14 years ago

I use this dip on everything!

Bloomin Onion Dipping Sauce
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    2 teaspoons ketchup
    2 tablespoons cream-style horseradish
    1/4 teaspoon paprika
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
    Dash ground black pepper
    Dash cayenne pepper

• breasley
    14 years ago

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but your description fits it perfectly. It's a pinkish spicy sauce that's often served in sushi restaurants and is super simple.
    Just add Sriracha to mayo. It's that bright red-orange oriental hot sauce in a clear bottle with a green top that has a rooster on the label.

• ang_johnson_sbcglobal_net
    12 years ago

I had the best sweet potato fries at Bobby's Burger Palace at Mohegan Sun in CT. He mixes honey mustard with horeradish sauce. Soooooooo Gooooood.

• glenda_al
    12 years ago

Our botanical gardens cafe has now started serving sweet potato fries as an appetizer.

They serve it with a thin blue cheese dressing.

If you don't specify to serve it on the side, they pour it over the fries before they bring it to the table.

Don't like it that way, cause after a few minutes they tend to get soggy/limp.

Love the dressing on the side.

• annova914
    12 years ago

I've copied all these recipes as I'm planning to make sweet potato "fries"...am trying to low carb it a bit via avoiding bread and potatoes and I sure do miss real deal French fries!

• seriadream_ymail_com
    12 years ago

Yes, I think I know what smcanlis is talking about. Russian dressing. The first time I had sweet potato fries that is what they served and I have never found another restaurant that does.

• kparrott_ec_rr_com
    12 years ago

I just go with a simple curry catsup. 1/2 tsp of yellow curry powder to 1/4 cup catsup, let it sit about 30 min for the flavors to blend.

• rdallas1_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

I was having Sweet Potato Fries at the Wayside Grill in Mount Shasta, CA which were served with a dip. I asked the waitress for the recipe and she said if I could guess one of the ingredients she would tell me. I guessed Mayo and she gave me the other one which was Honey... I mixed this together at home until I got the color and taste as described by smcanlis.

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors