Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Haddock Recipe

Posted by treydawgmt (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 20, 11 at 14:03

Hello,

I have a small frozen haddock (just over 1/2 lb) fillet. I don't like fish much, or really at all, but want to try to start to like it. Any ideas on a recipe that will make it somewhat appealing? And maybe side ideas to go with it. I'm looking to make this fish and a few sides for two people.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Haddock Recipe

Roasted Cod/Haddock with a Mashed Potato Crust

This roasts in the oven and is finished under the broiler, so use a heavy ovenproof pan. Thaw the fish. Season with salt, pepper and some chopped fresh garlic on the top. Put it in a lightly oiled pan and spread a really thick layer of mashed potatoes over the fish (I like to mash them with garlic, olive oil and parmesan cheese). Roast at 400 for about 20 minutes or more, then turn on the broiler to brown the top of the mashed potatoes - watch carefully not to burn.

Serve with cooked asparagus spears seasoned with salt, pepper, a bit of butter and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Roasted tomato halves with some salt/pepper/olive oil and some parm cheese would be good, too.

seagrass

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here